Inquiring about rigshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clipper79

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Hi all, I would like to know if these shots are originally taken on one shot or it is digitally composed in Photoshop. According to this photographer, it is shot on one take, which I find it hard to believe. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Thanks much.

3443708207_0d6ec12ac6_o.jpg

3443708203_3ff1164547_o.jpg

3443708201_81f982d6aa_o.jpg

Why not??

If you know your photography and how to do it well... why not? :dunno:

What I meant is, is this a rigshot or is this photoshopped?

It's a shot using rigs on the car. :) Some" photoshopping" might be done to remove the rigs that's might be visible in the shot. But the effect that you are seeing, is not a product of photoshop.

What I meant is, is this a rigshot or is this photoshopped?

Could be either...

For it to be a rig shot, you'd need 2 cars travelling at the same speed and done with a remote triggers. Just a lil more work to set-up.

Err... Either case, it can be taken with one shot, isn't it? What's your confusion?

rigshots, is a boom arm attach to the car, camera mounted at the end of boom arm, shooting at a slow shutter speed, and the car is moving only at 5~10km per hour, during the post production, the boom arm is digitally remove by photoshop.

btw, the rig is cost few thousands one piece, you can buy online.

just google it

if these are not your photos, i'd suggest you link them instead of embedding them into your post.

Sorry I shall take this down soon. Just need a fast opinion.

TS finds it hard to believe that it's not photoshopped. :bsmilie:

I believe it is hard for it to be taken. The car looks too perfect. Most of these shots taken on rigs still have slight motion blur in them.

rigshots, is a boom arm attach to the car, camera mounted at the end of boom arm, shooting at a slow shutter speed, and the car is moving only at 5~10km per hour, during the post production, the boom arm is digitally remove by photoshop.

btw, the rig is cost few thousands one piece, you can buy online.

just google it

Thanks mate, i know that ;)

Sorry I shall take this down soon. Just need a fast opinion.

I believe it is hard for it to be taken. The car looks too perfect. Most of these shots taken on rigs still have slight motion blur in them.

Thanks mate, i know that ;)
if you google about rig shots, you will know mostly is done in two shots, one is car stationary with rig, and another one is car moving with rig, and merge both during post.

one shots only is also possible, provided the rig is super stable type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.