Inputing Chinese Characters


Status
Not open for further replies.

kelster

New Member
Apr 25, 2003
1,057
0
0
41
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
#1
Noticed from some of your pics that you've added in some chinese chars as the watermark...think its pretty cool...

how you guys do it one huh?...care to share the secret??...heh

Thnx man...
 

AJ23

Senior Member
Jun 12, 2003
12,716
0
0
101
Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
#3
For Photoshop, there's a text input function, open up your favourite chinese software (Chinese Star, Twin Bridge, etc) and input the chinese characters from there.
 

Acieed

New Member
Sep 11, 2002
372
0
0
-
www.anduin.net
#6
kelster said:
hey...thnx man...I also got the software...but got problems entering the text in PS7...the input text func don seems to work leh...heh...
you probably have to pick a double byte font for unicode or Chinese so Photoshop will render it correctly.
 

lui002

New Member
Dec 20, 2003
290
0
0
Visit site
#7
If you are using WinXP, your Chinese software must be the WinXP version.
I'm using HansvisionDXT, all previous version cannot be use in WinXP.
 

centrino

New Member
Mar 3, 2004
350
0
0
www.pbase.com
#9
u mean different chinese font? there's a chinese word processor called njword, i think, can be found at njstar website... but forgot whether it's free or not liao... :p
 

Ah Pao

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,662
0
36
Singapore
www.facebook.com
#11
hwchoy said:
where can get nice chinese fonts, slightly caligraphic, not those straight-laced type used in the newspapers?
Go search the Internet...I've got a few downloaded from dunno where some time ago.

http://www.google.com.sg/search?query=chinese+fonts

If you really can't, PM me and I'll see how can I pass them to you.

As for the PS problem, what I do is to type the Chinese characters in MS Word, and then copy and paste into PS. Works for me so far. Somehow PS doesn't support directly Unicode input...or am I doing it wrong?
 

Prismatic

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,323
0
36
38
In the void.
Visit site
#12
Actually, if you are using WinXP, you can just save all the trouble and just activate your IME and Asian Languages Text Inputs. It works with most programs, even ICQ, MIRC and so on.
 

hwchoy

Senior Member
Jul 16, 2003
1,899
0
0
55
Tampines, Singapore.
www.hexazona.com
#13
thanx for the pointers and suggestion. I am aware there are chinese glyphs hidden in some fonts such as SIMSUN, but I am looking for BEAUTIFUL fonts :) not those straitght straight newspapre type :)
 

Hoky

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
1,182
0
0
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
#14
hwchoy said:
thanx for the pointers and suggestion. I am aware there are chinese glyphs hidden in some fonts such as SIMSUN, but I am looking for BEAUTIFUL fonts :) not those straitght straight newspapre type :)
Here's a good site which provides nice chinese fonts (both traditional and simplified.)

http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/edv/sinopc/chinese_fonts.htm
 

#16
Acieed said:
you probably have to pick a double byte font for unicode or Chinese so Photoshop will render it correctly.

How do u go abt doing so? I've got the same prob as thread starter. Ive got NJ communicator cant input chinese char in PS, works perfectly fine with my winwords and excel though.
 

Hoky

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
1,182
0
0
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
#17
ordinaryless said:
How do u go abt doing so? I've got the same prob as thread starter. Ive got NJ communicator cant input chinese char in PS, works perfectly fine with my winwords and excel though.
I'm not sure about NJ communicator or textbridge software.

For inputing of chinese char in PS, I used Microsoft IME. Here's the steps I took:

i. Click on the text tool on the PS toolbar (Aternative press T)
ii. Click on the picture where you wanna place the text
iii. Switch to Simplified Chinese mode (if you prefer traditional chinese, juz switch it to that) on the Language toolbar (after IME is installed)
iv. Type in the Hanyu Pinyin and select the appropriate text accordingly.
v. Press Enter and you should have the text appearing.
 

Jer

New Member
Aug 26, 2003
807
0
0
West
jer6263.multiply.com
#18
Hoky said:
I'm not sure about NJ communicator or textbridge software.

For inputing of chinese char in PS, I used Microsoft IME. Here's the steps I took:

i. Click on the text tool on the PS toolbar (Aternative press T)
ii. Click on the picture where you wanna place the text
iii. Switch to Simplified Chinese mode (if you prefer traditional chinese, juz switch it to that) on the Language toolbar (after IME is installed)
iv. Type in the Hanyu Pinyin and select the appropriate text accordingly.
v. Press Enter and you should have the text appearing.

This is interesting. Able to get the exact font in MS words. But once I go into PS CS, although the chinese char do appear, but the nice fonts that I wanted is not there. Any idea how to overcome?
 

Hoky

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
1,182
0
0
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
#19
Jer said:
This is interesting. Able to get the exact font in MS words. But once I go into PS CS, although the chinese char do appear, but the nice fonts that I wanted is not there. Any idea how to overcome?
Basically, there are some fonts (although True type) that are not supported, some reasons are the fonts being named in other languages or perhaps not in the unicode standard.

What I do for these fonts are do a print screen while displaying in MSword, paste them in PS, manipulate them like a picture instead of fonts.

Hope this would help you to find a solution for your works.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom