Innovative D.I.Y cameras & Holga makeovers

we gave our camera a new skin...qinnie did a great job modding the obiang black camera into an elegant gucci holga

p293008865-3.jpg

lol nice mods. i was waiting to see a "brand" mod. nice attempt on the Gucci look a like. i dun ahve a holga only a dslr so i cant dress it up. but i have Gucci Monogramme Fabric and LV monogramme syn leather left over from my prev project . So if u guys wantto get any to mod ur holga just pm me :)

Hi guys,

Been wanting to do this for a long long time, since the last time I made my 6x7 dual pinhole panorama camera, finally got down to it. Figured I would share this with everyone who's into alternative photography... :)

It's essentially a pinhole camera but with 3 holes projecting an image onto a single curved 4x5 film plane. The curvature was meant to be such that the 3 images will then blend together into one.

Why 4x5? Because after I sold off my Sinar I had a whole mini fridge full of 4x5s left which I didn't want to sell off... so this project is kind of meant to expend all the excess 4x5 sheet film I have left.

Here's the camera:

4by5pinholeExterior.jpg

Here's the 3 holes with 3 individual shutters

4by5pinholeInterior.jpg

Here's the interior showing the curved film plane (the film is held in place by friction and a bit of the internal foam) Added a little nut to allow for tripod mounting.

Made up of chipboard hand sawn down to size and black foam sheets for lightseals. All materials bought from Art Friend in Bras Basah. Took me 1 night to cut up all the parts, another 1-2 nights to assemble and paint.

4by5pinholetest1_Web.jpg

Here's the first test image I did with the camera, quickly photographed on the lightbox and burnt in photoshop.

Shot with Ilford HP5 400, orange filter, ~8secs per pinhole.

Hope you guys like it! Don't see many DIY cameras around these days...
Erv.

Due to the hype of the Diana Instax Back available. I wondering if i could made this possible to Holga itself. Thanks to a few lomotion guys who supported me. Its a great challenged yet another great weekend project Done!!.

The distant lens point to the original holga film sit are now 5mm extra/away so this mod only able to take up close up and portrait shot.

Instax Back for holga Mod.
--------------------------------

Holga 35mm back.
Spoilt instax.
aperture mod to F11

3492171053_559d28bb10.jpg
3492177287_f072f2f2b2.jpg

3492992440_0fb7fe7548.jpg
3492173945_5f767648aa.jpg

3491081138_45438c3d20.jpg

Wow, these D.I.Y. looks cool! I'm now inspired to D.I.Y. my instax.

I read that some of you paint your cameras. May I ask what kind of paint is suitable for painting on camera exterior? In my case will be my Fujifilm instax.

techstg said:
Due to the hype of the Diana Instax Back available. I wondering if i could made this possible to Holga itself. Thanks to a few lomotion guys who supported me. Its a great challenged yet another great weekend project Done!!.

The distant lens point to the original holga film sit are now 5mm extra/away so this mod only able to take up close up and portrait shot.

Instax Back for holga Mod.
--------------------------------

Holga 35mm back.
Spoilt instax.
aperture mod to F11

Hi check with you how you mount your instax to the cover, was trying to make something similar but different camera