Ink refill

Status
Not open for further replies.
okie for me..
using inkstation CIS

simon80 said:
okie for me..
using inkstation CIS

which printer are you using the inkstation with?

can share what brand and type of paper you use and how are the results of your prints?

thks,
kck

Dare not void my warranty yet... ;p So anyone want to tell me how good these things actually are? :D

dont worry ...use the inkstation but keep the the original cartridges. if printer spolit send back to manufacture but replace it with the original cartridges so that they dont know. they cant check from the printer circuit ...... OEM is just as good if not better except manufacturers are using threat tactic to frighten end-users.

think logically how can one sell a printer sub-200 buck....they make ur money from the consumables la...

does CIS etc use pigment inks? higher end epsons uses pigment ink. supposed to be better...?

di0nysus said:
does CIS etc use pigment inks? higher end epsons uses pigment ink. supposed to be better...?

CIS have both pigment and dye based ink.... so depending on your model you can buy the ink appropriately.... also for lower end models, you can also use pigment ink tank... but since i never try it before, i do not know the result.. I just know that it works....

ShuttleBug said:
dont worry ...use the inkstation but keep the the original cartridges. if printer spolit send back to manufacture but replace it with the original cartridges so that they dont know. they cant check from the printer circuit ...... OEM is just as good if not better except manufacturers are using threat tactic to frighten end-users.

think logically how can one sell a printer sub-200 buck....they make ur money from the consumables la...

Please do not make such statements without proper research. A friend of my friend did exactly just that - replacing the leaking 3rd party ink cartridge with the original before sending in the printer to the service centre. The technician picked up a sample of the leaked ink and returned with a chromatograph, showing clearly that non-original ink was used, thus voiding the warranty. After my friend's friend admitted that he used 3rd-party inks, the technician said it is very difficult to develop leaks with original inks, so customers who try this trick are definitely out of luck.

Please refrain from encouraging such dishonest practices here. Vendors who sell such non-original inks are equally irresponsible if they promise that their inks will not damage the printers, or that the manufacturers will still warranty their machines. The verdict is out... the warranty will be void, and they will prove that you did use other inks.

And about your statements about printer companies not being able to make money by selling you printers at such prices... perhaps you're right. They should sell the printers for what it's worth (perhaps a $199 printer will cost $599), and let the 3rd-party vendors sell the ink. Afterall, the printer brands will probably be happier when customers trash their expensive printers with leaking inks by third-party brands. In the end, consumers like us will lose out even more, wouldn't we?

any idea if anybody here knows where to get the refill ink for HP8450 Printer? :sweat:

Neo said:
Please do not make such statements without proper research. A friend of my friend did exactly just that - replacing the leaking 3rd party ink cartridge with the original before sending in the printer to the service centre. The technician picked up a sample of the leaked ink and returned with a chromatograph, showing clearly that non-original ink was used, thus voiding the warranty. After my friend's friend admitted that he used 3rd-party inks, the technician said it is very difficult to develop leaks with original inks, so customers who try this trick are definitely out of luck.

Please refrain from encouraging such dishonest practices here. Vendors who sell such non-original inks are equally irresponsible if they promise that their inks will not damage the printers, or that the manufacturers will still warranty their machines. The verdict is out... the warranty will be void, and they will prove that you did use other inks.

And about your statements about printer companies not being able to make money by selling you printers at such prices... perhaps you're right. They should sell the printers for what it's worth (perhaps a $199 printer will cost $599), and let the 3rd-party vendors sell the ink. Afterall, the printer brands will probably be happier when customers trash their expensive printers with leaking inks by third-party brands. In the end, consumers like us will lose out even more, wouldn't we?

Agree with the above post 100 percent. I used a third party ink cartridge and the printer head spoiled, now it costs me 150 SGD to just replace the head.

Yeah what I did was silly but I am just posting this to let others know so that they would act a bit more prudently.

Sharf

wah you both work for printer company ah........... there is nothing wrong using these inks as i am a user myself. In other western country these refills are accepted except here in Asia the threat of conglomerates overshadows the consumers.

ShuttleBug said:
wah you both work for printer company ah........... there is nothing wrong using these inks as i am a user myself. In other western country these refills are accepted except here in Asia the threat of conglomerates overshadows the consumers.

I am surprised that these third party inks work on your printer. Can you let me know the printer brand and the ink brand you use. My printer broke down and hence I need to buy a new printer.

By the way I do not work for any printer company, this is my own PAINFUL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.