Information required from UK member

pragmatist

Jan 17, 2011
Just like to say hi,
My sister lives on Sentosa island and i am visiting again this June/July. I noticed on Jarong beach a number of photography groups shooting models with outdoor studio lighting. If you know any of these or even if you do this yourself i would love to get involved and the chance to meet some other togs from another country would be great. I am an experienced photographer and i will be bringing my own equipment.
Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I am Jeff. Nice to know you.

In Clubsnap there are a lot of organizers, who organize models photoshoot every weekend (Friday night, Saturday, Sunday). You need to pay the organizers. Please check this photoshoots link:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

For landscape/nature lovers, which is free of charge, you may check this gatherings and outings link:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

If you like to shoot European or Euroasian models, try to join photoshoot organized by Modelinn. His price is higher than the others, but it comes with better quality in term of choosing the location, lighting setup, models. If you usually bring your own outdoor studio lighting, you should join Modelinn.
For local models (Singaporean/Malaysian), you can check with other organizers.

I am not sure how the photoshoot looks like in UK, but in Singapore for 1 model there are are up to 6 to 7 shooters, so it maybe difficult to get your best shoot as need to "fight" with other shooters. However, from this shoot you could have a lot of new friends. :)

Last edited:
Note that there are no Jarong Beach in Sentosa Island.

The beaches in Sentosa Island:
  • Palawan Beach
  • Siloso Beach
  • Tanjong Beach

For the swimsuit or bikini model photoshoot, usually the location is in Tanjong Beach, as this place is less crowded compared with other beaches in Sentosa.

Cheers Jeff,
Yes of course, Tanjong beach. It's about 5 mins away using my brother in laws golf buggy.
I should have remembered as i was stung by jellyfish on my first visit there. Anyway i would need to hire some studio lighting but yes i will check out those links. Once again many thanks.
Matt

Hmm no other people post here ... :think:
I believe you are an experience photographer from UK, but actually we have Newbies Corner (new to Photography or new to Clubsnap), so other people would say Hello Hello to you:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

For outdoor studio lighting, you can rent from this place:
http://sg.camerarental.biz/Equipment/Studio.aspx
You can try many stuff, from camera, lens, outdoor studio lighting, such as:
- Elinchrom 400W Ranger Quadra Pro Set
- Bowens Travel-Pak Plus
- Bowens 1000W Gemini Pro
Of course the rental fee is not cheap, but at least you can travel light from UK.

For all foreigner who want to rent, they need to bring passport for first time registration, and give rent deposit (about 10% of the items value).
Any enquiry, just send email to them:
http://sg.camerarental.biz/AboutUs/FAQ.aspx#

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, Yes i remember this place, It has steep stairs to their office if i'm right, I hired a 300mm F2.8 from them last year and as my sister is a resident it was much easier, I just had to provide them with her residents card number. Could not remember if they hired studio lighting but obviously they do. That would be really handy as there is no way i could bring my Bowens Gemini 500's, Would cost a fortune. Once again thanks for your help.
Regards,
Matt

Alternatively you live life dangerously and shoot strobist style ala small flash. Porting studio flashes on battery packs ala Bowen system without an assistant can be tedious. Small note it rains here.

Yes i know that only too well Ellery. Will review my options, Some of the organised shoots look quite good on here

January is rainy season. But pragmatist will come here on June/July, I think it would be summer !

The only good organizer is Modelinn, the shoot is only at 3 locations during the 2 hours session, and his models are quite experience (from modeling agency). He also sets up the lighting for the shooters. Of course you could bring your own lighting, and you have plenty of time to set up your strobe. I remember my friend was bringing Elinchrom 400W Ranger Quadra Pro Set +Softbox Deep Octa 100 cm. :bigeyes:

If you prefer local girls, we say "XMM model shoot" :bsmilie:, try other organizers.

Last edited:
Gatherings and Outings is for folks putting together outings on a free-to-join basis

will move thread to kopitiam for continued discussion?

January is rainy season. But pragmatist will come here on June/July, I think it would be summer !

The only good organizer is Modelinn, the shoot is only at 3 locations during the 2 hours session, and his models are quite experience (from modeling agency). He also sets up the lighting for the shooters. Of course you could bring your own lighting, and you have plenty of time to set up your strobe. I remember my friend was bringing Elinchrom 400W Ranger Quadra Pro Set +Softbox Deep Octa 100 cm. :bigeyes:

If you prefer local girls, we say "XMM model shoot" :bsmilie:, try other organizers.

haha tht sounds sooo wrong.. :p

Actually last time there was other good organizer, Ah V and Zeckson Chow.
Too bad they have retired already.