Informatic sucks, all move to Jurong, Anyone study in IPDC in Funan Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboi

Oct 14, 2004
Hi,

I am one of the victim that Informatic relocated their campus to Jurong without notifying. Last time i register because the course fees is super attractive and the course is conducted in Funan IT Mall (Strategic location and near to the place i am working , 4 MRT stop away). Now i hit this serious problem and all the sales, customer service from Informatics are avoiding my call and not entertain me as well. It seems they going to con my money already... :cry: Anyone ther also got friend or relative face this problem? Can contact me so i might be arrange for CASE, MOE, even press media to highlight it? Informatics such a dirty con man school, I wonder how MOE Singapore is able to approve such institution to exist in Singapore to con the poor ppl like me which saving money try hard to study to get certificate... I need help and suggestion... Please..... :bheart:

Anyone please? :cry:

Well... compared to SIM students, you are more fortunate. Be grateful Informatics campus is within walking distance from the MRT and at least you get a campus unlike previous Informatics students, classrooms all over the place :dunno:

They have relocated and not closed down right? The only problem I see would be more time allocated for transport.....35mins more from city hall to jurong. Of course, the Informatics should have given a notice to all regarding it's move....perhaps they did and you were not aware?

Joeyboi said:
Hi,

I am one of the victim that Informatic relocated their campus to Jurong without notifying. Last time i register because the course fees is super attractive and the course is conducted in Funan IT Mall (Strategic location and near to the place i am working , 4 MRT stop away). Now i hit this serious problem and all the sales, customer service from Informatics are avoiding my call and not entertain me as well. It seems they going to con my money already... :cry: Anyone ther also got friend or relative face this problem? Can contact me so i might be arrange for CASE, MOE, even press media to highlight it? Informatics such a dirty con man school, I wonder how MOE Singapore is able to approve such institution to exist in Singapore to con the poor ppl like me which saving money try hard to study to get certificate... I need help and suggestion... Please..... :bheart:
I once studied a Diploma course at Informatics for fun. Actually it doesn't lead anywhere, but I felt that I needed some kinda 'paper' for others to at least recognise my skill.

Unfortunately, I attended lessons and suddenly felt that I knew more than the lecturer do. I took it like a $3000 to 'buy' my diploma. A real expensive piece of paper.

Now go figure the rest ;)

But I guess for ppl that work and study part time, city location is a imperative decision making factor for the course sign-up, and althou not implicitely mention in the contract, I would personally deem informatic liable to the addition of traveling cost and time involve for such a relocation. And an establishment such as informatic would have easily contacted each and every student in advance prior to their relocation.

People have to plan too, not just them, and it is not as if informatic is not aware that a significant number of their students are part-timers who make their living in the day. This is an unfair case and informatic is taking their "Student" for granted. If a relocation were to take place, there should be a parallel run between the two location for a period of time before the actual termination of one.

During pre-sales, their consultant all seems so friendly and please to serve you, and when you sign up this is what happen? :nono:

Informatic is a piece of ****. I'll probably advise all my friends agains enrolling in such a discredited institute. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: ;(

HippingHippo said:
Well... compared to SIM students, you are more fortunate. Be grateful Informatics campus is within walking distance from the MRT and at least you get a campus unlike previous Informatics students, classrooms all over the place :dunno:

mine just relocated to SIM this sem, took me 1hr 30min to reach the school from my house :mad: worse is to squeeze bus during peak hour with all the students at dover

but luckily, i finish all my modules, now left the project only....2 more mths to go!!!

hehehe.... My degree is held at SIM too.

I'm not complaining but I'd take a cab home after classes den 2hrs to reach home by bus.

I think travel distance for studies when you are studying full time is all right. I use to travel at least 1+ hour tram ride to Uni when I was in Melbourne... and I actually enjoy the tranquality of doing so...

When you are working, it is an entire different story, how sad... :cry:

True. Especially if ur classes are held on weekdays.

Fridays still alright though. :D

Anyone is affected? please reply me to get them to contact me... i going to find a group... i going to file into CASE, CASE accept my case already. By the way i am arranging on MOE plus press media like newspaper... Please bring all ppl being affected....

very serious..............hear abt their bad names over and over again, when will such school learn?

RossChang said:
But I guess for ppl that work and study part time, city location is a imperative decision making factor for the course sign-up, and althou not implicitely mention in the contract, I would personally deem informatic liable to the addition of traveling cost and time involve for such a relocation. And an establishment such as informatic would have easily contacted each and every student in advance prior to their relocation.

People have to plan too, not just them, and it is not as if informatic is not aware that a significant number of their students are part-timers who make their living in the day. This is an unfair case and informatic is taking their "Student" for granted. If a relocation were to take place, there should be a parallel run between the two location for a period of time before the actual termination of one.

During pre-sales, their consultant all seems so friendly and please to serve you, and when you sign up this is what happen? :nono:

Informatic is a piece of ****. I'll probably advise all my friends agains enrolling in such a discredited institute. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: ;(

Haha....this shows that good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good! :lovegrin:

rainman said:
Haha....this shows that good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good! :lovegrin:
Hur? informatic courses ain't cheap... and bless me I didn't sign up for any... close escape :sweat:

Wai said:
mine just relocated to SIM this sem, took me 1hr 30min to reach the school from my house :mad: worse is to squeeze bus during peak hour with all the students at dover

but luckily, i finish all my modules, now left the project only....2 more mths to go!!!

It's been THAT long since we talked on IRC???? :eek:

i'm 1 of the affected student there.
Currently super disappointed with the school arrangement.
Even though they "informed" us,they only finalised details 1 mth pior to the move.
They arrange for free 1 month shuttle bus but even if i took cab to take the bus also cannot make it.i wonder when they will learn.
Even the "new" campus is converted from and old secondary school lookalike with construction still going on,even until now,the PC mostly cannot start up type.
i already know my result for 4 modules and i failed 2,fail at least tell me where i fail,expected us to pay another $500 to retake 1 module think we print money meh.
People die also got autopsy lah!!
i emailed my course consultance requesting for a reason why i fail and now still waiting.
i wanna drop out but half of the $5800 is goverment subsidy,another 1/4 is paid for by my sis,if i were to leave,my company may need to forfeit the grant money and i would let my sis down.

HI all,

Thanks for responding.. i found the correct person to ttalk to .. the head or highest person in charge of IPDC in Informatic already. By the way today case call me and they are ready to take my request and just submit 25 SGD and they will get their lawyer to help me on this. But today later time Informatic person in charge is calling me. She is kind enough to working acceptable solution for me quite satisfy.. the conduct are will be still in Jurong.. but they will allow me to re-imburst my cab fare to Jurong and that will be the cost they need to bear for it. This seems is acceptable solution with me but i still working on some of the detail so i can close down on this case....

Thanks a lot for all those pppl who reply in Kopitiam here... :bsmilie:

Joeyboi said:
Hi,

guess this is another common complaint..indeed informatXXXXX is SxxxxxKKKKK....oredi notorius...in kl...in SG...many places....they only target for $$$$ and not quality qualify teaching...

hey.....sue them....file for case for CASE and MOE..and claim them 500k at least....then fully utilities your money for what you like to buy.

:thumbsup:

Joeyboi said:
HI all,

Thanks for responding.. i found the correct person to ttalk to .. the head or highest person in charge of IPDC in Informatic already. By the way today case call me and they are ready to take my request and just submit 25 SGD and they will get their lawyer to help me on this. But today later time Informatic person in charge is calling me. She is kind enough to working acceptable solution for me quite satisfy.. the conduct are will be still in Jurong.. but they will allow me to re-imburst my cab fare to Jurong and that will be the cost they need to bear for it. This seems is acceptable solution with me but i still working on some of the detail so i can close down on this case....

Thanks a lot for all those pppl who reply in Kopitiam here... :bsmilie:
Walau settle like tat har?... tat day u tok to me like u gonna sue them kao kao liao?... reimbus? got black and white?... think it over man... :dunno:

Hmm... no wonder ...
Still thought Informatics closing down liao.... cos saw a few of the branches closed.
Juz wondering.... ( i dun think u are the only one affected by this move) wat if all those affected also want to claim cab fare :think: :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.