INfocus RED DOT

stanycjw

Dec 25, 2008
Singapore
Dear bros...

Sorry to ask another 2 question, when using my previous K200D.

1. When point to a subject and it been focused, there is a red dot in the centre of the box when looking into the view finder for K200 but Kx do not have it, only beep sound. Is this normal or can be set?

2. The green button can determine setting for speed and apeature then auto adjust for use but on Kx, I press the green button...nothing happen. There is no auto detect of current setting advise indication for both speed and apeture?

Anyone have these before, please tell me
Thankyou.

Dear bros...

1. When point to a subject and it been focused, there is a red dot in the centre of the box when looking into the view finder for K200 but Kx do not have it, only beep sound. Is this normal or can be set?

Thankyou.

The entry level k-x does not have the red dot feature to cut cost. You can see where the focus point is on the LCD display but I prefer to set to centre focussing to make things easier.

:)

Dear bros...

2. The green button can determine setting for speed and apeature then auto adjust for use but on Kx, I press the green button...nothing happen. There is no auto detect of current setting advise indication for both speed and apeture?

Thankyou.

1. The red dot does not indicate that the subject is in focus! It only tells you the selected AF point, which the K-x does not have. You will have to look at the back LCD to see which AF point you have selected. The green hexagon on the bottom and the beep is what indicates correct focus.

2. Are you talking about in manual mode? I think somewhere there is a setting, I changed mine to Tv shift in M mode, so I set the aperture and when I press the green button the camera sets the appropriate metered shutter speed.

how come people never read online about this before they buy the camera...

k-x doesn't have af dots..... :(

like darren asked, what camera mode are you in? :)

1. The red dot does not indicate that the subject is in focus! It only tells you the selected AF point, which the K-x does not have. You will have to look at the back LCD to see which AF point you have selected. The green hexagon on the bottom and the beep is what indicates correct focus.

2. Are you talking about in manual mode? I think somewhere there is a setting, I changed mine to Tv shift in M mode, so I set the aperture and when I press the green button the camera sets the appropriate metered shutter speed.

Thanks Bros!
Yes alway using Manual mode. Thanks, I'm done with it.
Thanks again:)

The entry level k-x does not have the red dot feature to cut cost. You can see where the focus point is on the LCD display but I prefer to set to centre focussing to make things easier.

:)

Thanks and understood. I used to be with Canon and K200.
OK Thanks I just set mine to SPOT meter

Cheers!!!

Thanks and understood. I used to be with Canon and K200.
OK Thanks I just set mine to SPOT meter

Cheers!!!

Spot meter or centre focus point? Very different lei

Spot meter or centre focus point? Very different lei

Opp!!!!
Need to double check the manual and the reconfirm. But now 0104hrs....sleepy liao.

Cannot find then ask you again if U dont mine.