Info on contax systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

F5user

Oct 15, 2004
B.Timah, New york, SoCal.
Anyone know the price of the Contax SLR RTS III new, used, and if anyplace in singapore still sells this body?

and also for the 50 1.4 tmm lense?

thanks

Har... no one in singapore using contax slrs anymore meh?

wah...

come on brothers... any idea of the price of teh rts III? i called cathay but the ppl there didn't seem to know anything about it...

i'll try calling again tmrw i guess..
:dunno:

ooo kam sia kam sia... at least now i know the rought price gauge...

tmrw i go knock the ang moh here for cheap cheap... hehehe

F5user said:
Anyone know the price of the Contax SLR RTS III new, used, and if anyplace in singapore still sells this body?

and also for the 50 1.4 tmm lense?

thanks

got one person last time selling only $200 for 50mm lens, here quite often to find the 50 f/1.4 T 2nd hand, i think keh, adorama and b&H quite of number they have.

oo thanks... the rts III just came today via ups.. i LOVE the feel of the body..

i also ordered a new 50mm 1.4 from adorama for around 170 usd after bargaining like siao with the chao ang moh salesman... heehhee

well thanks guys...

i hope they start a contax forum here soon ;)

F5user said:
oo thanks... the rts III just came today via ups.. i LOVE the feel of the body..

i also ordered a new 50mm 1.4 from adorama for around 170 usd after bargaining like siao with the chao ang moh salesman... heehhee

well thanks guys...

i hope they start a contax forum here soon ;)

I am a Contax fan too! I owned a Contax T3 and I can tell you that Zeiss lenses are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Somehow, whenever i shoot with zeiss lenses... i jsut wonder why canon's charging so much for their lenses...

Though I use canon for work quite a abit, i don't fancy paying so much for quaility that cannot be matched to zeiss in terms of contrast and sharpness.

yes, in terms of bells and whistles like autofocusing, IS,and etc etc.. yeah.. canon's good...

but other than that... sigh....

oh well...

just a though here .

:think:

F5user said:
Somehow, whenever i shoot with zeiss lenses... i jsut wonder why canon's charging so much for their lenses...

Though I use canon for work quite a abit, i don't fancy paying so much for quaility that cannot be matched to zeiss in terms of contrast and sharpness.

yes, in terms of bells and whistles like autofocusing, IS,and etc etc.. yeah.. canon's good...

oh well...

just a though here .

hahaha, yeah agree, im use 3 brand of lens and happy with all, just Use the right lens in the right positions.

All have a pro and cons, just maximize the pro's one......

F5user said:

oh well...

just a though here .

For Canon, you are merely paying more for their R&D work on technology.
For Zeiss and Leica, you are paying for their quality world-class optics!!

XXX Boy said:
For Canon, you are merely paying more for their R&D work on technology.
For Zeiss and Leica, you are paying for their quality world-class optics!!

My RTSIII is working fine... Use it mainly to take slides when I travel. The build of the camera is great but the controls are not that intuitive.

The different brands of cameras are built for different consumer class in mind lah. I don't see how you are going to use a Contax to take quality picture for fast-paced sports etc etc. Not impossible to get great pictures, but just a bit more difficult. Even the most-skilled photographers are going to have trouble lah. Having superior image quality is pointless unless you can get the opportunity to take the pictures first.Technology just make this window of opportunity easier to catch.Can't really compare like that lah.

my comparison was mainly based on still shots, mostly with my family....

for sports and press coverages.. i wouldn't even DREAM of using anything other than canon / nikon...

but oh well..

thanks for you input.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.