Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snoweagle said:
Read my post no. 9. Think u're just trying to be smart that's all. I've been a landscape shooter for years so dun tell me what's right or not.

Frankly I do not care two hoots how long a person you had been shooting landscape. I kbow of many who remained infantile their entire life. Your kind of statement " because I has been.... so dun tell me..... " is a classic example of the scream from a child whose favorite toy was taken away.

How long you had taken landscape images is irrevelant. What is relevant is the correctness of the information. How long you had taken landscape photos does not necessarily mean that what you said was correct. You may know how to take landscape photos. But it does not follow that you know how to communicate information correctly.

Your post #9 corrected a little of the glaring nonsense which you spewed in post #4. By saying that "UNLESS you have something very near", you came a little closer to the correct information. If daden had not made his query in #8, that silly erroneous statement in #4 would had not been partially corrected in #9!

catchlights said:
OMG!!! :eek:

student vs student

A true student will stand corrected.

A "master"(?really) insists on being right.

Facts must prevail. Not how loud one shouts.

I put forth points. Others wail.

student said:
Frankly I do not care two hoots how long a person you had been shooting landscape. I kbow of many who remained infantile their entire life. Your kind of statement " because I has been.... so dun tell me..... " is a classic example of the scream from a child whose favorite toy was taken away.

How long you had taken landscape images is irrevelant. What is relevant is the correctness of the information. How long you had taken landscape photos does not necessarily mean that what you said was correct. You may know how to take landscape photos. But it does not follow that you know how to communicate information correctly.

Your post #9 corrected a little of the glaring nonsense which you spewed in post #4. By saying that "UNLESS you have something very near", you came a little closer to the correct information. If daden had not made his query in #8, that silly erroneous statement in #4 would had not been partially corrected in #9!

This is from my experience so if u dunno a damn thing i'm talking about then dun assume! If u cannot accept my facts then it's just too bad for u!

There're some pple who just assume things, but the fact is, they dunno what the hell they're talking about. Here's a classic example.

To the thread starter, I believe your question has be answered correctly by many others, so please pardent me for being OT here.

Snoweagle ,
this is my second and will be the last post in this thread, you again demonstrate how ignorants and arrogant you are in the world photography.

i second this ....megascriler... do listen to "student" :) ....He is a 'student' who knows lots..more than you ever know

Snoweagle said:
This is from my experience so if u dunno a damn thing i'm talking about then dun assume! If u cannot accept my facts then it's just too bad for u!

There're some pple who just assume things, but the fact is, they dunno what the hell they're talking about. Here's a classic example.

If you do have any sense of perspective, take a look at what catchlights and AhV said. See if catchlights and AhV agree with you. They happened to be very kind. I am not. I loathe wrong information being dispensed.

If you think that I am wrong, correct me on points of facts, instead of wailing.

student said:
If you do have any sense of perspective, take a look at what catchlights and AhV said. See if catchlights and AhV agree with you. They happened to be very kind. I am not. I loathe wrong information being dispensed.

If you think that I am wrong, correct me on points of facts, instead of wailing.

I'm not wailing. It's u're the one who started all these. If u think i'm wrong then just don't say anything. No problem then come find problem. Whatever i want to say i've said it liao, agree or not it's up to u. I'm not going to waste my time quarelling with u, have better things to do.

catchlights said:
To the thread starter, I believe your question has be answered correctly by many others, so please pardent me for being OT here.

Snoweagle ,
this is my second and will be the last post in this thread, you again demonstrate how ignorants and arrogant you are in the world photography.

This is not arrogant, they're facts. This will be my last post here too. Just dunno when u guys ever learn...

Snoweagle said:
In infinity focus, usually everything in the frame is sharp.
i believe that this is the statement in question?

giving the benifit of doubt to Snoweagle, he just worded it wrongly
and in doing so, the statement above misleads.

I agree with student

I think modz could help us to stop this thread, coz it's OOT and the question of the thread starter is quite answered... so, if there is any party interested in further debate, please start a new thread :)
guys, seniorz, please... ability to humble ourselves - humility is a skill that we have to practice over and over, not an inborn talent... :):):) peace!

Hi, i think as a newbie myself and a student to eveyone posting and shooting, i'd like to put in my own words that infinity focus is when the focal lenght of the lens has reached its limits in focusing the maximum distance required for sharp images thus alowing enough light to enter to have everything in focus. take for example, if the focus reading is 9 ft before infinity on the 18-70 nikon dx lens, the inifinity focus should come to happen if you are shooting at 18mm and anything that is a distance of more then 9 feet away. Please correct me if i am wrong. thanks.

Snoweagle said:
I'm not wailing. It's u're the one who started all these. If u think i'm wrong then just don't say anything. No problem then come find problem. Whatever i want to say i've said it liao, agree or not it's up to u. I'm not going to waste my time quarelling with u, have better things to do.

Don't think student is here to find problem... he's merely correcting your advice which is erroneous.

I think giving benefit of the doubt to that statement is not a problem. Its his arrogance of his ignorance thats without a doubt.. ;)

ortega said:
i believe that this is the statement in question?

giving the benifit of doubt to Snoweagle, he just worded it wrongly
and in doing so, the statement above misleads.

I agree with student

nuts said:
I think giving benefit of the doubt to that statement is not a problem. Its his arrogance of his ignorance thats without a doubt.. ;)
i agree with you but
those who don't know,
don't know that they are wrong mah

Snoweagle said:
This is not arrogant, they're facts. This will be my last post here too. Just dunno when u guys ever learn...

A classic example of ignorance ...tsk tsk tsk . when will u ever learn ?

student said:
Heh?

Infinity focus, or focus on infinity means only that the distant objects are in focus.

Your statement is completely off!

I know you mean well. But be careful less you give out wrong information.

Quoting myself from post #16.

If you have any sense of humility, by now you will have seen the opinions of other photographers on your earlier statement.

My first post did not question your intention to help. But caution you to be careful in what you advised..

Instead of thinking and perhaps doing a little study on the issue, you took my statements as an attack on you, and you went into the offensive. Frankly I have absolutely no idea who you are, and I really don't care. I have absolutely no interest in you whatsoever.

I am only interested in helping with correct information. Wrong information given to newbies can sometimes take a long time to correct.

... or is it more like... PRO vs PRO !!! :bigeyes:

yyD70S said:
... or is it more like... PRO vs PRO !!! :bigeyes:

I am a student -100%!

I am not a pro. Absolutely not!

But others may be. Hmmmm......................

Status
Not open for further replies.