Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

Status
Not open for further replies.
To err is human... so its human to have pre martial sex, infidelity and prostitution...

A Ferrari has 4 wheels, my Honda has 4 wheels, therefore, my Honda is a Ferrari....

See your flawed logic?

Correctly put;

It is human to err, and humans ERR when they engage in pre-marital sex, infidelity and prostitution.

And a further case in point, many people respect the sanctity of marriage and DO NOT err with regards to the above.

I disagree with any attempt to "normalise" the behaviours described above. I accept that all people often have moments of weakness and can succumb to wrongful behaviour, but I do not accept that the wrongful behaviour then somehow becomes "normal" or right.

I accept that all people often have moments of weakness and can succumb to wrongful behaviour, but I do not accept that the wrongful behaviour then somehow becomes "normal" or right.

I agree.

Just to add one more point... Infidelity can happen in 2 ways... 1st if that the guy/gal is just a bhasthard (bhasthardess?). 2nd if the partner is just not responsive enough that even if married, he/she feels incomplete.

I still believe... don't get married so young.. its okay to have many bf/gf (BUT one at a time please).. learn from each unsuccessful r/s.. and finally get married when you are much more mature. This way, you have been there and done that, you are more understanding with your partner's need, and probably you are too old and pudgy to fool around. So can anyone MO some rubbers, perhaps cappucino or black forest flavors?
Make me wonder, what happen if the 1st relationship is the best??? Still skip it and get more worse experience? :confused:

Make me wonder, what happen if the 1st relationship is the best??? Still skip it and get more worse experience? :confused:

I think its logical that you won't reach your 2nd r/s unless your 1st did not work out. And what is the statistics on someone who married their first love and stayed in love till old age? Unless we are talking about some having their 1st r/s in their late 20s or older. Perhaps.

Pre-marital sex is wrong.

Infidelity is wrong.

Prostitution is wrong.

No excuses, primal or otherwise.

I have to disagree. This is a sweeping statement across all cultures and generalize morality. It is wrong for some and not for others. I believe pre-marital and prostitution is okay, as long as it is between consenting and responsible adults; and I don't think any excuse is necessary. As for infidelity, it depends on the meaning. Infidel means unbeliever and to each religion or sect, anyone else is an infidel. This doesn't represent the general truth, just a point of view. So infidelity, to me, is a private trust that is broken within the people involve. You may disagree with me and I really don't care because in the end, you decide what is right and wrong for you, so am I. :)

Pre-marital sex is wrong.

Infidelity is wrong.

Prostitution is wrong.

No excuses, primal or otherwise.

wow, are you for real? :bsmilie: like somebody said. if all the works you handled are perfect with no mistakes, then you are not human.

I believe that sex and sexual urges are not wrong, only the illegitimate expression of them outside of marriage is.

I believe this is ordained for our own good.

Why should I want to have sex with someone whom many other people have had sex with, when I can have greater emotional satisfaction within a monogamous relationship with someone whom I am sure loves me, and whom I have myself chosen to be my wife?

Why should I want to have sex with someone whom I KNOW has no love for me, who only wants my money or worse, is being forced to have sex with me under threat of death or violence, in order to enrich someone else?

Why should I want to do this knowing it will greatly hurt the person I love the most in this world? How can I say my heart is in the right place, that I still love my wife, when I do this kind of thing?

Note that this is my head speaking, the one on top of my neck. There is another head between my legs which speaks a different language. Fortunately I have a choice which head to listen to, because I am a human being and not an animal, which is the point dkw is trying to make.

I believe that there are many who have made this choice, and have stuck to it, whether by their own willpower, or the willpower given to them by God.

Here's some good advice:

Drink water out of your own cistern and running water from your own well. Why should water flow out of your spring? Why should your streams flow into the streets? They should be yours alone, so do not share them with strangers. Let your own fountain be blessed, and enjoy the girl you married when you were young, a loving doe and a graceful deer. Always let her breasts satisfy you. Always be intoxicated with her love. Why should you, my son, be intoxicated with an adulterous woman and fondle a loose woman's breast?

This next part is also important, and I have chosen not to leave it out:

Each person's ways are clearly seen by the LORD, and he surveys all his actions. A wicked person will be trapped by his own wrongs, and he will be caught in the ropes of his own sin. He will die for his lack of discipline and stumble around because of his great stupidity.

I believe that sex and sexual urges are not wrong, only the illegitimate expression of them outside of marriage is.

I believe this is ordained for our own good.

Why should I want to have sex with someone whom many other people have had sex with, when I can have greater emotional satisfaction within a monogamous relationship with someone whom I am sure loves me, and whom I have myself chosen to be my wife?

Why should I want to have sex with someone whom I KNOW has no love for me, who only wants my money or worse, is being forced to have sex with me under threat of death or violence, in order to enrich someone else?

Why should I want to do this knowing it will greatly hurt the person I love the most in this world? How can I say my heart is in the right place, that I still love my wife, when I do this kind of thing?

Note that this is my head speaking, the one on top of my neck. There is another head between my legs which speaks a different language. Fortunately I have a choice which head to listen to, because I am a human being and not an animal, which is the point dkw is trying to make.

I believe that there are many who have made this choice, and have stuck to it, whether by their own willpower, or the willpower given to them by God.

Here's some good advice:

Drink water out of your own cistern and running water from your own well. Why should water flow out of your spring? Why should your streams flow into the streets? They should be yours alone, so do not share them with strangers. Let your own fountain be blessed, and enjoy the girl you married when you were young, a loving doe and a graceful deer. Always let her breasts satisfy you. Always be intoxicated with her love. Why should you, my son, be intoxicated with an adulterous woman and fondle a loose woman's breast?

This next part is also important, and I have chosen not to leave it out:

Each person's ways are clearly seen by the LORD, and he surveys all his actions. A wicked person will be trapped by his own wrongs, and he will be caught in the ropes of his own sin. He will die for his lack of discipline and stumble around because of his great stupidity.
A certainly most inspiring read from a moralistic standpoint.

I have been trying to figure things out, at times when I receive invitations from friends to hop down to Geylang for supper and some walking around and I see scenes where people transact and negotiate for services.

How many times a day do we see a case related to sexual offences and the accused either has a girlfriend, fiancee or even have a wife, kids and a beautiful career? And I wonder what is the proportion of these men who visit brothels with fiancee or wives.

What exactly is behind their psychology? I've been thinking on this thoroughly at times with no avail. What is their motivation? Doing things like these not only hurts others (physically & mentally) but perhaps to themselves as well.

The big "Y" just hangs there at times.

A Ferrari has 4 wheels, my Honda has 4 wheels, therefore, my Honda is a Ferrari....

See your flawed logic?

Correctly put;

It is human to err, and humans ERR when they engage in pre-marital sex, infidelity and prostitution.

And a further case in point, many people respect the sanctity of marriage and DO NOT err with regards to the above.

I disagree with any attempt to "normalise" the behaviours described above. I accept that all people often have moments of weakness and can succumb to wrongful behaviour, but I do not accept that the wrongful behaviour then somehow becomes "normal" or right.

Yup, I seen many "players" after many years of playing, finally settle down with someone they really love, and never stray after that... Of coz, the temptation will alwayz be there...

And there are also those who can never stop playing... Guess everyone is different

Maybe if want to play, play until enough, then when want to settle down, really just stick to one lor..................... :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.