Industry Product Shoot charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Hi all,

I received a request to shoot industry product for a company.
Items to shoot includes, LEDs, PCB ( biggest isn size of A4 Size paper ) etc

Number of products : 28 Items
Lead time 3-5 days.
I can bring the products back to shoot.

Cilent have a preferred way to shoot the product and she will show me the requirements.
She require 3 views per product.

She also requires me to sign a ND before I shoot

Any minimum to charge on these?
what's are the things I should look out for to safeguard myself as well as the cilent.

Last edited:
OMG thks ... I shoot primarily events.
what are the equipments I will need to shoot these industrial products?

Also any advice on the charges?

Last edited:
OMG thks ... I shoot primarily events.
what are the equipments I will need to shoot these industrial products?

Also any advice on the charges?

Any 1:1 macro lens will do :)

so...guess your micro AF 60mm will do the trick :)

Last edited:
you have a 60mm 2.8. good start! lights?

I think depends on how small they go. And what lighting u have.

I think the smallest one can be LEDs or some connector. I have not seen their product yet cos they just called me up this evening.

Lights wise, I could either go continuous or flash.

you have a 60mm 2.8. good start! lights?
Thanks Bro. Ya I have the 60mm...and luckily I did not sell it...hehe
Lights, I have either choice of continuous or flash.

What I am really concern is the charges. I am hoepful to get this assignment as it adds to my portfolio. But on the other hand I do not want to price it too low becoz some cilent perceives the charge as quality of work.

So I hope to find out from you pros out there what's the nominal rate like before I quote.

for table top product shot, studio flash is preferable
for small item as such, you need 105 macro or longer, using 60mm, you won't have space for your lighting set up.

for charging, go by your current hourly charge, how much time you spend on the shoot and post...

what's wrong with his lenses?:think:

catchlight summarized it...

well, shooting small objects, you may even need more than 1:1.

lighting is extremely difficult most of the time. lets just say if he have 1 LED about size of say size of a button of the fone... then you won't be able to use strobes or continuous lighting... most likely using a led torch or external flash will be easier

Hmm.. I think his lenses are fine. I have shot a LED (coincidentally :)) the size of a grain of rice with a 60mm 1:1 macro and it came out quite OK. If I were him I'd just use the 60 all the way for maximum optical quality and shoot at an aperture like say f/8 for good DOF. You can move yourself backwards and forwards with products. Extension tubes and reverse-mount rings (say, 50/1.8 reversed on 60/2.8) will give you insane magnification.. all that you can (and cannot :D) practically use.

Working distance is not a huge issue. There is enough room for lighting. However at very very close ranges shake is a big issue, tripod and remote release helps.

Off-camera lighting is key, though. Hope TS has a good set of strobes (small ones like SB's will do) or 'hot' lights.

I think its hard to define wad is ok without knowing the final output. If he is going to use for web, then maybe he can crop it for it to be "closer up", else if he needs it to be super large res, good luck with what he is using.

hi guys.
Hasn't been in for weeks.
I pitched and got the assignment. =) Photographed and delivered the DVD yesterday to the cilent.

Thanks for the all the gracious inputs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.