INDISCRIMINATE PARKING OF BISCYCLES

I think that gum example actually illustrates how slowly our gov (actually most govs) moves. According to this nlb article, the problem was raised in 1983, the ban came into effect 1992. 9 years. I'm sure in that time they did their fair share of public education, which must have failed. At that same pace, it'll be 2026 before we get a solid response from the authorities. :(

Another one I can think of is airbnb. They launched here around 2012, only this year in 2017 did we see new laws being passed in relation to it, and the first people being charged, after how many neighbours and estates have been inconvenienced and disrupted, after rounds and rounds of consultation, after how many people have gotten away with it... So that took about 5 years. I suppose you could say they have improved their response :bsmilie:

But it certainly will always lag behind the pace of innovation/tech, so we just have to grit our teeth while it gets sorted out, eventually. All we can do is feedback. Beyond that, not sure what else we can do since we aren't policymakers.

It is difficult to catch up with them. They always start something very innovative just like GRAB,UBER etc.

Cannot fight them... join them hahahaha

Cannot fight them... join them hahahaha

Like KPOP?

hqdefault.jpg

The bike company finally decided to do the follow-up.

To clean the street and also their account especially the deposit.

IMO all this abandoned bicycles is a total nuisance, rubbish. Better to walk and exercise the heart and legs. Good for one's health especially with the crammed city environment and sedentary lifestyle. The ones who are laughing all the way to the bank are those who sold them and the companies who operate these schemes. So much public money and space have been spent for the bike facilities...... and the frequent speeding endangers many.

IMO all this abandoned bicycles is a total nuisance, rubbish. Better to walk and exercise the heart and legs. Good for one's health especially with the crammed city environment and sedentary lifestyle. The ones who are laughing all the way to the bank are those who sold them and the companies who operate these schemes. So much public money and space have been spent for the bike facilities...... and the frequent speeding endangers many.

so ******* ignorance.

It is a share responsibility.

Everybody has to play their part. However, in every society there is always the black sheep, white sheep etc

Think of the clearing of the plates at the hawker center, do you still leave them behind?

In the recent World cup, the Japanese clear their rubbish, I respect them.

Can we be like them..let us do it this round during our National Day parade, can we?

Reactions: ninelives
Any update on OBike?