Indian Electronic Shops along Race Course Road - Very Low Quote, Any Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temasek88

Mar 7, 2004
I was quoted $560 for a Nikon D40 Kit, $760 for Nikon D60 Kit and $760 for Canon D1000 Kit at this Indian Shop along the row of shophouses facing the Temp Tekka Market. There were many foreign talents shopping there for their mobile phones as well and it was very hard to squeeze in.

The prices are very very far below that quoted in the forum, even for second hand. Anyone dealt with them before? Are the sets real or pirated sets? Since the prices are very cheap. The prices are printed and displayed on the walls and I saw many Canon and Nikon cameras on the shelves. The shop name is Najaran (?) Electronics and it is the centre shop along the row, with many other handphone/electronic shops in the same row.

I was quoted $560 for a Nikon D40 Kit, $760 for Nikon D60 Kit and $760 for Canon D1000 Kit at this Indian Shop along the row of shophouses facing the Temp Tekka Market. There were many foreign talents shopping there for their mobile phones as well and it was very hard to squeeze in.

The prices are very very far below that quoted in the forum, even for second hand. Anyone dealt with them before? Are the sets real or pirated sets? Since the prices are very cheap. The prices are printed and displayed on the walls and I saw many Canon and Nikon cameras on the shelves. The shop name is Najaran (?) Electronics and it is the centre shop along the row, with many other handphone/electronic shops in the same row.

Simple. Ask if it comes with local warranty or shop warranty.

well just make sure you double confirm everything, you maybe subjected to buying more overpriced add-ons after the cameras. and yes check for warranty and condition of cameras. if you have checked everything, and feel comfortable buying it from there, then go for it. the more reputable shops are recommended but then again i've heard of good and safe buys from many other shops too, and yours may be one of them.

GST in or not ? also freebies given to you or they remove?

just helped a friend to buy the D60 at $850 with freebies. while they quote you $760 only.
need to ask and check carefully.

if it comes with local warranty, why not...

I knew abt this shop which I brought B4, there are parallel importer. Mainly sell to foreginer or export.
You must ask whether Warranty provided by Local Canon a not? aside from freebies.

A Mecs with parallel import is much lower than from C&C.

Happy buying.

I bought a Sony ericcson handphone from them a few years back and it doesn't come with warranty with the quoted price. I need to add an extra $30 for local warranty. It should cost more for a camera. Check for warranty and if GST is included.

Those race course road phone shops sell stuff with neither local nor shop warranty at relatively cheaper prices; they are very popular among expat workers and tourists. Did you check the warranty?

Those race course road phone shops sell stuff with neither local nor shop warranty at relatively cheaper prices; they are very popular among expat workers and tourists. Did you check the warranty?

They say any problems, go to Nikon/Canon service Centre. The sets look like legit sets. If they are Parallel imported sets, Canon's warranty can be used internationally? Eg. If the sets are indian sets with india warranty, I can repair at Canon Singapore?

They say any problems, go to Nikon/Canon service Centre. The sets look like legit sets. If they are Parallel imported sets, Canon's warranty can be used internationally? Eg. If the sets are indian sets with india warranty, I can repair at Canon Singapore?

Did you see any d90 there? or D300?

shld be narajan. they sell mostly grey stuff. need to check with respective brands whether they honor grey sets or not. honestly, digital cameras don't spoil that easily if u take care of them properly. the problems come in when the 1 yr warranty ends.

"go to service center" may not imply warranty. Of course if there's a problem, one can go to service centers, but without warranty one will have to pay for the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.