India Orphanage expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Hi guys, was wondering how many Photographers here would be interested to follow a group of volunteers up to Southern India Ooty, for an expedition to help an orphanage, by not only helping them to find a new, proper and permanent home to stay in and also to photojournalise their movement to hopefully try and spread the word around to raise funds for them.

Anyone interested in a project like that?

A worthy cause... uppz for you :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who have Pmed me asking for more details.

At the moment, i am looking around at the interest level so that i can have an estimate number of photographers interested to help on this project. After which we will be forming a team and coming up with a proposal in which we will submit to the national youth council as well as some charitable organisations willing to participate in this project.

It will be then that i will be able to give you more details such as a more comfirmed time of expedition as well as cost or if there will be any funding at all. My idea is to help them there(in india) as well as to try to master up some money so that they can use this money to sustain the lifelihood of these children better.

My idea of a phototeam going up there is to hopefully capture some heart warming shots that will at least try and and touch the hearts of people all around, and make them realise that there are people in this world that is so in need of things that we can so easily provide for them just to allow thema decent living. One idea is to create a pamphlet, or perhaps have a photo exhibition to promote an awareness.

Perhaps we could start a list of people whom are interested in this project? As well as your contactable email address along with your nick? just add on your nameto the list below. Thank you all for your interest.

Feel free to drop me a mail anytime at my email stated below. Many thanks again!:)

Hi! I'm interested in this project!
1) Chris Lim - Urbancreekproductions@gmail.com

Hi Chris,

I am interested, but I need to know the period and duration for planning and scheduling. May or may not be able depends on the period liao. Never-the-less, I'll put in my name 1st. Btw, not a good idea to leave your eMail addresses publish like that, as the are bots use to scan internet for eMail addresses publish this way for spamming. Those who did, might wanna edit it. I'll just PM you my eMail then.

1) Chris Lim - Urbancreekproductions[at]gmail[dot]com
2) AReality - lobang [at] neverareality (dot) net
3) Tan131 - ralphii82[at]gmail[dot]com
4) Sam-samvision[at]gmail[dot]com
5) jUzMoO

i'm interested too, but with such little details it's hard to plan anything. understand that it's still in planning stage, but my interest is there!

jon(at)expressivelyjoho(dot)com

:)

Thanks all for this very hearty interest level. I will be speaking to a few other people who were part of Previous YEP project teams and we will get in touch with some of you soon to form up a team. Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.