Increase of Excess mobile data rate. Yay or Nay

Do you approve the price increase?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hanzohattori

Apr 16, 2010
All three mobile operators doubling their excess data charges and caps.
Expect you wallet to bleed

Cartel - what to do?

Pointless to discuss... since

1) Consumer want cheap want good want free..
2) Companies want to make money...
3) Whatever spoken here won't change anything... since you can't 'boycott' all 3 teleco who is doing the same thing...

Who are/is the owner(s) of these companies? What is CASE stand?

Pointless to discuss... since

1) Consumer want cheap want good want free..
2) Companies want to make money...
3) Whatever spoken here won't change anything... since you can't 'boycott' all 3 teleco who is doing the same thing...

The fact that they effectively form a cartel to monopoly the market is something we can do about.
But clearly consumer is either don't care.. or have too much $$ :)

For sure bandwidth is limited, better let the relatively small number of high high usage users pay much much more for maintaining the bw infrstructure and operating costs. I agree with the new rate!

All three mobile operators doubling their excess data charges and caps.
Expect you wallet to bleed
Just limit your data usage. Frankly I don't understand what makes people use so much transfer volume.
But if anybody really expects to load Terabytes for free.. well.. wrong universe, or at least wrong century.

Just limit your data usage. Frankly I don't understand what makes people use so much transfer volume.
But if anybody really expects to load Terabytes for free.. well.. wrong universe, or at least wrong century.

I think most bandwidth goes to video.. 1 hour MRT commute ? watch lots of youtube :bsmilie:
This is after they cut from 12 GB to 2 GB. I think the shift from voice to internet based comm has hurt their bottom line.
Hence the dirty tactic

Ok I didn't expect that :bsmilie:
Chill dude

The question is a bit loaded. Asking the person who has to pay, whether he approves a price increase..... has a predictable answer.

All or most users can if they want to, immediately stop surfing via their mobile phones/tablets.
I do not. So I have proved that it can be done. (because I cannot afford).

3 telcos correctly predict that won't happen (Demand does not decrease significantly when price goes up).

Well, it is a cash cow and the telcos will collectively see how far they can push the envelope in stages. If at each stage no adverse reaction from consumers, then expect more price increases and tougher terms and conditions.

Last edited:
I think most bandwidth goes to video.. 1 hour MRT commute ? watch lots of youtube :bsmilie: This is after they cut from 12 GB to 2 GB. I think the shift from voice to internet based comm has hurt their bottom line. Hence the dirty tactic

Hmm , good point u reminded is of.

Good strategy.

(1) stuff consumers with 12gb first and let them get used to it.
(2) implement 4G with faster data download rates
(3) cut to 2gb
(4) increase excess data rates by 100%

Anyway , as consumers just be smart and learn to control your data usage. This is something within your control. The telcos are profit motivated , they are just doing their best to fill up their pockets.

And the beauty is , if each telco is as bad as the other , there's no need to really choose or jump ship.

Wait till the telcos start following some US companies and lock up your phones so they can't be used as personal hotspots for your wifi iPads then u start screaming bl***** murder.

Just stop whatsapping and talk to the person next to you :bsmilie:

I surprised that this topic is brought up for discussion again.

Previously, I have posted a similar thread on it.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1298225

From the discussion, some felt that it has no significant impact since their data usage are low while some said that they can refrain from surfing more; or tap onto WIFI hotspots if available.

In short, most people can live with the new imposition by the telcos.

As what ricohflex had mentioned, we consumers are price takers.

From every situation you can tell the character of a person:

1) those that forever whine about it but do nothing to help themselves are the biggest losers and the ones who are the most useless

2) those that whine about it but at least do something about it are people who will bear a grudge

3) those that are neutral and don't care about it and just take things as they come are just sheep, and it's not a bad thing. But they will never be someone that has their own opinion

4) those that know there is a problem, but find a way around it and overcome it, yet not taking it negatively but knowing that they learnt something new. These are the winners and innovators.

So, which one are you?

Reactions: Octarine
It is not the consumers who chose the 2GB plans ?

It's either to use a phone or don't use phone, what other choice do we have? Red, Orange, Green, to me they are a pack of Hyena ready to pounce whenever there is a chance/

It is not the consumers who chose the 2GB plans ?

No, telcos revising the limit for new subscriptions, and if you are subscriber and switching plans, you get the new 2 GB limit

It's either to use a phone or don't use phone, what other choice do we have? Red, Orange, Green, to me they are a pack of Hyena ready to pounce whenever there is a chance/

Well.. I think what bother me most is not so much the monetary value, but the unethical way of the business cartel.
And to think that they can get away easily. The consumer in 1st world countries will have organize a class action against this kind of practice