Increase in Digital photo development cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taicw

Jan 30, 2002
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
Sent in some of my pics for developing last week at Standard photo located at The Arcade.

Checked with the uncle about the price, at moment it's like 35 cents per pic, but he mentioned something about the HQ looking into revising their present charges per pic, and might be charging flat handling charge of $5 regardless of no of pics. Hope it doesn't come true. :cry:

Was quite satisfied with the quality of the prints, colour n sharpness was fine for me :thumbsup:

The $5 charge is implemented. Just went there and there charged me the extra $5. :(

Originally posted by mylau
The $5 charge is implemented. Just went there and there charged me the extra $5. :(

i tot all the while there is this $5 handling charge????

i missed ofoto....got free 125 prints from them last time...

mtlau,

Previously, the $5 charge was imposed for print totalling $8 or less. Just to confirm that your prints was more than $8?

Originally posted by copland

mtlau,

Previously, the $5 charge was imposed for print totalling $8 or less. Just to confirm that your prints was more than $8?

Yes, my prints were always more than $8. They had never charged me the $5. But on Sunday, they told me that there was a change in company policy, and I have to pay the $5 no matter how many photos I give them for printing.

Yes, my prints were always more than $8. They had never charged me the $5. But on Sunday, they told me that there was a change in company policy, and I have to pay the $5 no matter how many photos I give them for printing.

sigh...

Sian... I was just about to send in some prints... count on them to increase prices at an economy like this....

Sigh, nods. I think they might want to match it more closely to fuji's pics coz the uncle mentioned something about fuji's pricing. Shrug. I was charged 35 cents plus $5 too for my prints. :(

Well, if anyone can source for any shop that still waives the handling charge, pls share;)

It would be wise to check with each shop as to the charging policies. Some shops aren't keen to explain and you literally have to dig it out of them.

There are some that charges $4/$5 and $0.50 if you ask them to print selectively. Some will charge $4/$5 and $0.35 if you ask them to print the whole cdrom.

Always check before saying "okay". ;)

went to wisma branch yesterday

and this is wat it cost me........

$0.35 per 4R - if i print all and not selecting specifically.
$0.50 per 4R - if i do select.
$4.50 per 8R
$5 handling charges.

Shucks, my virgin service :laugh:

what about the paper quality ? is it good ? comparable to kodak quality paper or those used in conventional photo shops ?

yup, Standard Photo and Singapore Color Centre imposed the $5 handling fee. Reason given was something to do with complaints from Fujifilm which I find weird at the least.

Received a mail last night from www.photobeans.com u can get 15 free prints from there. you guys might be interested to take advantage of this offer.

I've never trust the shop to handle my smart media. So far all of my digital photos are developed from fujifilm, 99photo and recently tried out photobeans. I've posted my findings in other threads. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6389

my 2 cents contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.