Inconsistency prints from different Fotohub outlets

AMDer

Feb 17, 2002
Digital Age
www.pbase.com
Hi,

I would like to share my experience and feedback at Fotohub RC outlet.*

I developed some family photos last week at Fotohub RC. Was ask to collect the next working day. Upon collecting, I noticed some colours was a bit off. I asked the staff what photo paper they used. They told me it's Fujifilm. As I was rushing home, I didn't check the rest.
Upon reaching home, I realized the paper quality was very bad! Very thin and doesn't feel like Fujifilm paper. There was no Fujifilm trademark on the back too. A lot of colours was off from the original digital photo taken with my Nikon D200.

I went back to Fotohub and enquire about it. The staff insisted it's Fujifilm! I *remebered I developed some photos from Fotohub Tampines Mall recently and went to check the photo paper. I realized the outlet at Tampines Mall use REAL Fujifilm paper as compared to the FAKE one used by Fotohub RC.
They even charged me the same $0.35/pc!

The*staff told me "you should have told us you wanted Fujifilm paper ma!" after I showed them the prints from Tampines Mall outlet. They told me I will have to wait for 4 DAYS if I wanted to use Fujifilm paper. (Tampines Mall Fotohub can do it in 1 day!)**

I am totally disappointed by the inconsistency of Fotohub products from different outlet.

Does any one know if Fotohub is a francise?

I would like to ask fellow CS members to avoid raffles city outlet. Wonder how many ingnorant ppl they have 'cheated' with their cheap low quality papers.

Post some sample scans of the photos?

Yep, its a franchise. Probably wanted to pass off cheap paper as fujifilm paper. Personally, i'd rather go to 'more trusted' labs who knows what you're talking about when you ask them technical (photo process) questions....

I didn't know Fotohub is a franchise. I had gotten good results from the one in Golden Shoe before.

Can fellow CSers recommend good developing place they normally use?

I didn't know Fotohub is a franchise. I had gotten good results from the one in Golden Shoe before.

Fujifilm shops or Kodak.Most popular:)

If Fotohub is a franchise, don't they usually have a obligated contract on what paper thay should be using???

Didn't thought of scanning and post the prints here. The staff took away and exchanged for fujifilm paper that she promised, but have to wait another 4 days before collection.

Anyway, just to let everyone knows, avoid the Raffles City one by all means. Inform yr friends n families too.

I think that outlet is for 'cheating' tourists one.

I believe I'm not the only one who Kenna cheated liao..

Ok, I remembered the 'fake' fujifilm paper I got from them was light, thin, and super smooth. Looks like those photo paper packs u can easily find in Challenger or computer shops.

But real Fujifilm paper is thicker, heavier and a bit 'rough' when seen from certain angles. And of coZ, the Fujifilm trademark printed diagonally across the back.

Anyway, I'm talking about Matt printing.

bukit batok miao laan. fuji crystal paper. do a search on cs.

triple d is good, but slightly pricey.

that's at burlington square, you can google easily for address.

i've heard good things about shalom color centre at bras brasah too.

Hi,

I developed some family photos last week at Fotohub RC. Was ask to collect the next working day. Upon collecting, I noticed some colours was a bit off. I asked the staff what photo paper they used. They told me it's Fujifilm. As I was rushing home, I didn't check the rest.
Upon reaching home, I realized the paper quality was very bad! Very thin and doesn't feel like Fujifilm paper. There was no Fujifilm trademark on the back too. A lot of colours was off from the original digital photo taken with my Nikon D200.

I went back to Fotohub and enquire about it. The staff insisted it's Fujifilm! I *remebered I developed some photos from Fotohub Tampines Mall recently and went to check the photo paper. I realized the outlet at Tampines Mall use REAL Fujifilm paper as compared to the FAKE one used by Fotohub RC.

The*staff told me "you should have told us you wanted Fujifilm paper ma!" after I showed them the prints from Tampines Mall outlet. They told me I will have to wait for 4 DAYS if I wanted to use Fujifilm paper. (Tampines Mall Fotohub can do it in 1 day!)**

I am totally disappointed by the inconsistency of Fotohub products from different outlet.

I would like to ask fellow CS members to avoid raffles city outlet. Wonder how many ingnorant ppl they have 'cheated' with their cheap low quality papers.

Write in to Fuji and get clarification.

As for results - you might get different results even in the same lab/outlet from different techs or at different times due to a myriad of factors even though higher-quality labs try to avoid that situation, but it happens.

fotohub does not have franchise. some outlets are co-owned, but fotohub itself has substantial stake in each of them.

I suspect some of the outlets like the raffles city one uses dye sub printing as opposed to chemical prints due to cost and logistical reasons hence the difference in picture quality and paper and maybe that is why u have to wait 4 days as they would need to bring ur prints to another outlet to print since u wanted fuji.

But I thought all fotohub uses Fuji paper. And the staff 'bluff' me it's Fuji paper, but after u check n clarify with them, they then 'admit' and say they will change for me.
I feel this is a 'cheating' move. They think 80% of ppl who come n develop prints are uncle aunties who dun know about quality. Sigh..

Just to let everyone know this is no a sabotage case.

Xin Mei from Fotohub Management called me after I emailed Fotohub regarding this matter. She said Fotohub is not a franchise.
As to why the different quality, becoz RC outlet uses a new 'vivid' printing technology as opposed to chemical printing use at Tampines Mall outlet. So if anyone likes the shiny non-Fuji prints, by all means go to Raffles City one. Manage to find out from her Tampines One also use vivid technology. Tampines mall and Golden shoe uses chemical.

She say she will feedback this matter. If u guys wan a complete list, call Fotohub.

Thanks everyone for your generous contribution to this thread by the way.

Xin Mei from Fotohub Management called me after I emailed Fotohub regarding this matter. She said Fotohub is not a franchise.
As to why the different quality, becoz RC outlet uses a new 'vivid' printing technology as opposed to chemical printing use at Tampines Mall outlet. So if anyone likes the shiny non-Fuji prints, by all means go to Raffles City one. Manage to find out from her Tampines One also use vivid technology. Tampines mall and Golden shoe uses chemical.

She say she will feedback this matter. If u guys wan a complete list, call Fotohub.

so did "vivid" printing tech at RC used fuji paper? different in the tech we can understand. but what about the paper they use? did RC use lower grade paper is what i hope to know.:think:

"Vivid printing technology" = dye sublimation. It is just higher end of the same printing technology in a lot of the photo printers you can buy and DIY. In other words, they use the standard "photo paper" you find sold in bookstores and challenger, the ones meant for home photo printers.

I will ask for chemical if I were you.

Hi,

"Vivid printing technology" = dye sublimation. It is just higher end of the same printing technology in a lot of the photo printers you can buy and DIY. In other words, they use the standard "photo paper" you find sold in bookstores and challenger, the ones meant for home photo printers.

I will ask for chemical if I were you.

dies that means the shop lied?