inconsistency color captured during burst shots. is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enlightment

May 8, 2014
Singapore
equipment: canon 6d.

i noticed this recently. shooting burst shot on M mode means same shutter speed, same aperture, ISO, WB, etc.

on consecutive shots (same angle, distance), i got 2 different colors. see below.

$IMG_1224.jpg
$IMG_1225.jpg
6D settings:
shutter200 f2.0 ISO1250 AWB flash:OFF
lense 50mm f1.4

is this normal on canon body? on my 5dm2, at times i got this, i thought its my settings, but on 6D, this is getting obvious.

if this can be avoided, perhaps someone can highlight where i can fix this?

to Add-on:
3 consecutive shots give me different look:
$IMG_1187.jpg$IMG_1188.jpg$IMG_1189.jpg

thanks in advance.

What kind of lighting are you using? Are the fluorescence ceiling light switched on? Try the same setting without the lights or outdoors.

What kind of lighting are you using? Are the fluorescence ceiling light switched on? Try the same setting without the lights or outdoors.

Yes, indoor fluorescence. no flash.

for outdoor, the issue is not exhibited.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Like is clicked for both SkyStrike :thumbsup: and Jellies:thumbsup:

I have researched using the wrong keyword all the while. i pasted the title of this post, expecting to see if my camera is faulty. T.T

in my case, anything faster than 1/125 is no good. 1/60 is good, but most of the time is not an option as subject might be blur.
flash fotography to overcome the lighting then.

SkyStrike post is superb, and Jellies give the same correct hints. Thanks guys.

Its due to fluorescent.

You are shooting in flourescent lighting. It fluctuates according to the frequency of alternating electrical current. Singapore is 50Hz, so shooting at shutter speeds at 1/100s and slower will be ok.

What you read is from overseas where their electrical current is running at 60Hz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.