Inconsiderate photog

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/smallaperture/p1957.jpg

Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.

smallaperture said:
Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.

think he forget to bring a zoom lens... :dunno: anyway some photographers are indeed very inconsiderate. just dun be one when you know.

I faced the same thing in the motorshow too. 5-6 other photog's were shooting in a line.. then one dude just walked in between the model and everyone else. Aiyoh..

smallaperture said:

guess he is not a pro at all.....or from the press or what so ever.........
is very bad and sick to see this kind of inconsiderate photographers now and then. do met a few at the recent motor show over at suntec....holding more then 1 camera and tripod and shoot those models all the way they can get enough of it....those sales man do really shake their heads on them. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Frankly, if I'm the official, I won't give a hoot who I'm blocking. Be it for weddings/events, I've had my fair share of sticking my butt into others :p

If your livelihood depends on getting the right pic at the right time then u have to chiong, stick ya butt. David Harvey who shoots for Nat Geog with his Leica had to push his way round when he shot pic of Brazilian samba.

For hobbyist if you have the size of ESPN u can get away with it ;)

jeff49er :kok: :nono:

To get by with a good size, you need the size of Larry, not espn :devil:

*espn migrates to pluto

espn said:
jeff49er :kok: :nono:

To get by with a good size, you need the size of Larry, not espn :devil:

*espn migrates to pluto

ESPN is tall big and carries a big bag....the moment u butt into the scene to shoot, others surely siam. I also will siam. hahaha :D

When next time others see ESPN,

Move Away Move Away Move Away

chao jeff49er :kok: :kok: :kok:

i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...

glennyong said:
i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...
Obviously you've never been an official before...

glennyong said:

If they are making a living out of this while you're just there for the sake of a hobby, they have every right to stay put even if it blocks your way cause its their job to get the right picture for their work.

Or would it be best for the organisers to declare a "no photography" sign for you to understand?

Wooo you're still alive... hehe... ur NS kena cut short to 2 yrs right? Coming out soon, correct?

If the dude who's blocking you is the official photographer (which he probably is if he is up front and no one else is), then he is just trying to put chicken rice/mee siam/bacon on his table the best way he know how - by being in front with the best angle.

I honestly feel bad if I have to block other "for fun" photographers but if I have to choose between pissing them OR my client off because I don't get the shot, I'll block them anyday.

Having said that, if everyone is from the press/magazine/professionals shooting a VIP/event, then there's sure to be jostling for position etc but its common proffesional courtesy to spare a thought for your fellow photographer who is trying to make a living just like you. :)

djchris said:
If they are making a living out of this while you're just there for the sake of a hobby, they have every right to stay put even if it blocks your way cause its their job to get the right picture for their work.

Or would it be best for the organisers to declare a "no photography" sign for you to understand?

official photog block the view is ok one. because his rank bigger, thats why he got the right to block u. u can only LL let him block u. same goes for wedding; the official photog is the only one with the right to block everone else's view, otherwise how else u expect him to capture the important moment

glennyong said:

official photographer has a job to do,they are not there to enjoy the show.

u think they so free to go there for fun and block the views ?

kex said:
official photographer has a job to do,they are not there to enjoy the show.

u think they so free to go there for fun and block the views ?

I agree fully :thumbsup:
An official photographer has every right to be where he is.
If it is a problem, offer to pay him/her what they will lose by moving out of your way.
I bet they would have trouble trying not to laugh till they cried :bsmilie:

kweehonjin said:
Having said that, if everyone is from the press/magazine/professionals shooting a VIP/event, then there's sure to be jostling for position etc but its common proffesional courtesy to spare a thought for your fellow photographer who is trying to make a living just like you. :)
Yes, event like this, we will take a few shots and step back, let other pro also can have some shots.

Let presume this photographer is a pro, and was paid to get the shots, so he will do whatever he can to get it.

The pro is shoot for living, maybe some of you are shooting for fun, so may I know who should have the priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.