Inconsiderate photog

Status
Not open for further replies.
but at least be considerate to others knowing that pple are behind him trying to shoot ma.... dun tell me u stand there like a block of wood meh ? impossible for him to stand there for the entire event de lor.. and the official photographer was so inconsiderate until the event host need to ask them to step aside... and the event host ask them to step aside alot of times la... aiyah.. that particular event... onli can use 1 word 2 describe.. horrible...

glennyong said:
but at least be considerate to others knowing that pple are behind him trying to shoot ma.... dun tell me u stand there like a block of wood meh ? impossible for him to stand there for the entire event de lor.. and the official photographer was so inconsiderate until the event host need to ask them to step aside... and the event host ask them to step aside alot of times la... aiyah.. that particular event... onli can use 1 word 2 describe.. horrible...
As like I said before, most of us will take a few shots and step back.

Zplus said:
Gee.e. doesn't look official... look at all that sweat! And that shirt. :D

Yeah, you're right on man. He doesn't look official or professional at all. Cam and lens looks brand new and not battle worn. Then, all that sweat under the aircon - must be a very kanchiong spider of a rookie there. Actually, the seating area is for spectators/public and he was one of them, and together with 2 other photogs right in front.

They were something like 2m or so from the models, how to shoot proper full-length fashion like that. Even with a WA lens, the perspective would be totally out. More like shooting head and shoulders shot, not fashion like that. At that distance, you can even see the models' nostril's hair! :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

BTW, one can spot a Pro photog from a mile away, by the way they behave, their gear, their attire, the way they shoot and so forth. Even all the other amateurs shooting behind look cooler than this chap full of sweat!

if he's the official then cannot blame him liao.....

ME? i will do the same thing too ya...

cheers...

For paragon,you must have a pass to be able to shoot like that.
pass will be issued if you are authorized by the company loaning them clothes for the event.
For the seating area,customers are well invited when they either spend some amount of money there,VIP or staffs.

Either one,this guy is just inconsiderate.
He may well be one kan cheong spider staff from one of the shop helping out for the show.
just check out the clothes on the model and you know wheres he from. :bsmilie:

kex said:
official photographer has a job to do,they are not there to enjoy the show.

u think they so free to go there for fun and block the views ?

Fully agreed with you ... sometimes as official photog myself I oso got no choice but to block them in order to catch the best shot ... I meant oso not standing there like a piece of wood blocking them all the way ... we do gives way for others to have a chance to shoot ... :D

zaxh81 said:
For paragon,you must have a pass to be able to shoot like that.
pass will be issued if you are authorized by the company loaning them clothes for the event.
For the seating area,customers are well invited when they either spend some amount of money there,VIP or staffs.

Either one,this guy is just inconsiderate.
He may well be one kan cheong spider staff from one of the shop helping out for the show.
just check out the clothes on the model and you know wheres he from. :bsmilie:

WELL ,,, he may be too kan cheong (look at his sweat shirt)that he forgot they are many pple watching the show .... :bsmilie:

I am not there and not sure how bad he behave that cause such a stir here ... :dunno:

Guys do cool down ... they are still many opportunity to shoot such events hor .. :)

Seriously those who has criticise the official photographer failed/never realised these points :

• An official photographer will get ass-kicked left, right and centre if he doesn't deliver usable photos. Amateurs/Hobbyist shooting for fun won't.
  • You think he's inconsiderate. If you get in his way, you're the nuisance.
  • A higher viewpoint advantage is good for him because at least you won't get a head sticking in front of your lens all of a sudden. (Happens all the time)

smallaperture said:
Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/smallaperture/p1957.jpg

Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.

One simple question. Why do official photographers always can stand in the "reserve" front row where others "non-official" photographer have to squeeze with the public ?

Official photographers got a job to do and have to capture the best angle to submit up to his client to maintance this rice bowl.

official photog has every right so that he can do his job as per request from his client. no doubt abt this.

i think the guy in question is not official photog and oso he cant be standing there for whole event. if he did stand there for the whole event, then he deserve a knock on his head and say this "wake up, u are not shooting alone here."

scud said:
official photog has every right so that he can do his job as per request from his client. no doubt abt this.

i think the guy in question is not official photog and oso he cant be standing there for whole event. if he did stand there for the whole event, then he deserve a knock on his head and say this "wake up, u are not shooting alone here."

Haha... that's the job of the official photog to tell him that.
My main nit-pick is photographers who irritates other media photographers by using a ridiculously large bounce card. I'm fine with bounce cards unless they are like A4 size or larger.

smallaperture said:
Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/smallaperture/p1957.jpg

Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.

Which is why you need a Taser in your bag to take care of these fat and sweaty annoyances.

m18.jpg

"Electro-Muscular Disruption (EMD) technology temporarily overrides the central nervous system, taking over muscular control. Emd technology debilitates the toughest targets, without causing injury or lasting after-effects."

Brochure link: M18L brochure Note: Model part no. 44001 has a laser-aid for the bobo shooter.

Taser FAQ for those interested

When the big object obscuring your view drops like an oversized elephant, start snapping. No fuss, no must.

:bsmilie:

espn said:
Frankly, if I'm the official, I won't give a hoot who I'm blocking. Be it for weddings/events, I've had my fair share of sticking my butt into others :p

way to go man. i second that. if i am paid to get shots, i'll do what it takes to get them... stand back and use telephotos when i can get near and use wideangles? no way...

Yepz... as I've done it, I'll do it again, if you find my elbow in your camera's expensive 17-35/16-35/17-40 front element, too bad for you... I won't give a hoot, you should know your place and your status, there's no arguments on the official photographer needs to be polite and stand back for others to shoot or not, if you've never been one, you'd probably say this, once you've shot as an official, you'll know what is "getting in other people's way".

Quit complaining... we have a job to do... you don't. :p

[OT]

djchris: oh well 1 more year to go.. gambatte :)

[/OT]

kahheng, do you think you can start a MO for the above mentioned tasers? i'm serious. (tries hard to stiffle grin)

anyway, whoever that photographer was, no need to assume things (eg. his photographic skill/level) or judge him (by the way he dresses n behaves). maybe he does lack a sense of common sense, but making such unkind comments about him don't speak well for yourselves either.

we all started out somewhere. we all made mistakes sometimes, maybe more if we are newbie. if you felt he needed a lesson taught, could have approached him directly that day.

Stereobox said:
kahheng, do you think you can start a MO for the above mentioned tasers? i'm serious. (tries hard to stiffle grin)

anyway, whoever that photographer was, no need to assume things (eg. his photographic skill/level) or judge him (by the way he dresses n behaves). maybe he does lack a sense of common sense, but making such unkind comments about him don't speak well for yourselves either.

we all started out somewhere. we all made mistakes sometimes, maybe more if we are newbie. if you felt he needed a lesson taught, could have approached him directly that day.
Hey, no need to be so serious la. I remember when we were in a classroom, we would have thrown white chalk at him. In this situation, we do not have chalk, but, some of us might have a few 1 cent coins to thow at him (anyway not much use such coints), but we didn't do it. :blah:

Just have a good laugh commenting on his shirt and his sweat and even his shooting style. Just for fun la. :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Even as a official photographer/s, there is always the overriding consideration not to 'create a scene' eg. at your client's wedding or fashion shows. eg. arguing with your client's guest who is over-enthusiastic but without malice in motive/action or causing deliberate damage to their guest's property/ies. I think, as adults, courtesy and politeness to all is the way to go. This way, your client would appreciate you more as a professional and not regret having engaged you as their official photographer.

espn said:
Yepz... as I've done it, I'll do it again, if you find my elbow in your camera's expensive 17-35/16-35/17-40 front element, too bad for you... I won't give a hoot, you should know your place and your status, there's no arguments on the official photographer needs to be polite and stand back for others to shoot or not, if you've never been one, you'd probably say this, once you've shot as an official, you'll know what is "getting in other people's way".

Quit complaining... we have a job to do... you don't. :p

[OT]

djchris: oh well 1 more year to go.. gambatte :)

[/OT]
Haha... so if you broke the front element who's to blame? :bsmilie:

Cheers!

i've seen pros at work. the plan and frame their shots. if they have to get in the way, they do make it snappy. think/plan of photo frame, select lens, set settings, move in take 2-4 pictures thn out of e way.

those not pro will stand there, thn start to adjust zoom, adjust WB, adjust shutter speed...those are e irritating kinds.

official photgraphers have the right to stand anyway but some are more considerate or more zai. some are not zai official photographers. there's a diff, prob the fee too. haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.