incident happened at canon EOS experience day

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
did anyone go to the Canon EOS yesterday(sunday)? around 530pm to 6pm?
I got there around 530pm and tried out the 1DmkIII, amazing man!!!
There is another amazing incident.
I'm not sure if i got this correctly though it happened next to me. I was playing with 1DmkIII and the 400mm f/2.8 when the guy next to me asked the Canon guy if he could swap the 1.6x crop to view on the 1200mm. Amazingly the canon guy was very helpful and they swapped. After that i think another guy borrowed the 1DmkIII that the canon guy was holding to play with. That's all i know and 10 mins later i saw the canon guy was shocked and keep asking ppl around: "do you see the guy with the MkIII?" and they call more ppl to look for the missing mkIII. Guess what. There was an unclaimed 20D left on the 300 f/2.8

I felt great when canon did let ppl try out all the equipment comfortably. But it's very bad when someone took advantage of it.

I hope it got the situation wrongly and nothing is missing. (although they still look for it after half an hour).:dunno:

I'm not sure if i got this correctly though it happened next to me. I was playing with 1DmkIII and the 400mm f/2.8 when the guy next to me asked the Canon guy if he could swap the 1.6x crop to view on the 1200mm. Amazingly the canon guy was very helpful and they swapped. After that i think another guy borrowed the 1DmkIII that the canon guy was holding to play with. That's all i know and 10 mins later i saw the canon guy was shocked and keep asking ppl around: "do you see the guy with the MkIII?" and they call more ppl to look for the missing mkIII. Guess what. There was an unclaimed 20D left on the 300 f/2.8

I felt great when canon did let ppl try out all the equipment comfortably. But it's very bad when someone took advantage of it.

I hope it got the situation wrongly and nothing is missing. (although they still look for it after half an hour).:dunno:

OMG! :eek:

that guy who took the 1dmk3 should be shot, then his body be dragged around by the water skiers!

u mean a MK3 is lost while a 20D was left there by someone ?

:sweat:

:bigeyes: call the police and check for fingerprints on the 20D. haha :bsmilie:

Oh great, this is just GREAT.

Tell me.

The next time (given the loss of a 'not really cheap MkIII') I guess such events would be purely "by invitation" indoors.

Oh great, this is just GREAT.

Tell me.

The next time (given the loss of a 'not really cheap MkIII') I guess such events would be purely "by invitation" indoors.

and then, how are we going to experience the power of super teles, even if we could get ourselves in? :cry:

so.. that chap who took that MK3 was kind enough to trade in his old 20D ?? :eek:

It's less suspicious this way... the number of lenses and cameras remain the same, so it will take the Canon assistant a while to notice that something is amiss. This will give the thief enough time to get away.

It's less suspicious this way... the number of lenses and cameras remain the same, so it will take the Canon assistant a while to notice that something is amiss. This will give the thief enough time to get away.

wah... he could cause the canon guy to lose his ricebowl.

horrible guy !

;(

but if that it's really that person who swapped the camera, i think he would be caught easily, if he had ever registered his warranty (and/or repaired/serviced his camera before), since canon would probably have at least this asshole's number!

but if that it's really that person who swapped the camera, i think he would be caught easily, if he had ever registered his warranty (and/or repaired/serviced his camera before), since canon would probably have at least this asshole's number!

He could have bought the camera from someone in the buy/sell section? One of us may very well be getting a call soon. :eek:

He could have bought the camera from someone in the buy/sell section? One of us may very well be getting a call soon. :eek:

are they CCTVs installed at the event ?? if not, then hard liao.. and those people who sold off 20d in marketplace could be made a scapegoat ? :eek:

are they CCTVs installed at the event ?? if not, then hard liao.. and those people who sold off 20d in marketplace could be made a scapegoat ? :eek:

no there wasnt any CCTV.

anyway, that seller who sold this asshole that 20D would almost probably have his number or at least contacted this asshole before. if trying hard enough, the thief confirm will be caught!

Wah piangs... so cheapskate one.. Pray he press a while bad luck pour on him.. shutter drop.. :p no more MKIII (cannot repair due to machine code plus lost of 20D) Idiot!

bloody fellow... now see if other manufactures will hav such events anymore

From the description, it sounds like more than 1 person was involved, ie. the person who asked to swap the camera wasn't the one who asked to play with the Mk3. Could be an organised gang.

and then, how are we going to experience the power of super teles, even if we could get ourselves in? :cry:
Probably they wun be as generous anymore I guess.

Ie, NO MORE SWAPPING OF CAMERAS TO LENS.

They might allow u to swap CFs though. I guess. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.