Incheon, Seoul and Jeju

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
I'm going to the above places from 26 apr to 2 may next yr and i have googled on jeju. It seems like jeju is a big place with many interesting locations to visit and for photography. Is it minimum 3d2n for jeju?

I'm hoping to catch the lavendar/ flower bloom....btw ani website for calculating the transport cost in korea, e.g the train fare or bus fare from incheon to seoul and soeul to jeju?

Any hostel/ cheap inn to recommend in jeju?

For Jeju you need to fly in there. Try checking to see if there are some special fares. It can be quite cheap.
IN Jeju, I suggest you rent a car to get you around. Taking the public bus can sometimes be very time consuming.. cos the buses are not regular (if you think that Singapores 10- 20min wait for a bus is long... in jeju, it can be 30 -45mins intervals).
The roads are pretty easy to nagivate so go for a car if you can drive.

There are a few waterfalls that are worth visiting for photos.

Yup, based on personal experiences.. I think driving yourself in Jeju is cheaper and more efficient.. ;) I got myself a taxi driver and it's not really worth it. Btw, I spent 2 days and 1 night in Jeju. Can barely cover enough places. So 3D2N should be ok.. not enough to cover all but still manageable..

I don't know about flights to Jeju but I think it'll be better due to the time you have there. If you are willing, there's a ferry departing from Incheon. It'll take about 13hrs if Im not wrong. The ferry is a bit costy.. So you might want to compare the options. :)

I think the period u going is cherry blossom festival.

I recommend you to take domestic airline from Incheon Airport to Jeju. I took Jeju Air, but the website is in Korean. Need someone who knows Korean to help you with the booking.

My family stayed in a guesthouse, so someone from the guesthouse picked us up from Jeju Int'l Airport. We stayed like under one roof.

It is advisable to rent a car. The public transportation are limited. Even if there is taxi sometimes you may not able to get it. If you don't rent a car, most of time you will be hitching a ride like what I did when I was there. I think 3 day 2 night is enough to cover the whole jeju If you rent a car.

Thx alot for the info....unfortunately i dun drive. That yeha guesthouse seems good. it's the only guesthouse in jeju? based on the packages, i tink eastern one is better? Although i will love horseriding in jeju!

What about travelling from incheon to soeul? whats the best mode?

ohh..btw i recall seeing photos of ppl sitting down on a bench with a heart-shaped arch with the background of colourful flowers in jeju. anione been there and know sth abt this? Sorry for the vague info...

Thx alot for the info....unfortunately i dun drive. That yeha guesthouse seems good. it's the only guesthouse in jeju? based on the packages, i tink eastern one is better? Although i will love horseriding in jeju!

I took the east route. Jeju is truly one place cannot miss from Korea trip.

The guesthouse may be a little off the way. If you're late to reach, you can take a taxi from a certain venue back to guesthouse.

Didn't spend much time at Incheon. I took Airport Limousine from my hotel in Seoul to Gimpo Airport. IIRC it's about 1 hr journey. It's 3000won per person cost. Slept almost whole journey. :)

More tips. To prevent any misunderstanding, do take my advises with a pitch of salt, find out the way how to move from places to other best suited for your group. And Google Maps is not the most accurate source, I've quite poor experience with them. So check a few websites to confirm. Visitkorea.co.kr has quite good recommendations. Kudos to S.Korea Tourism Board.

HTH :)

during the period you going is Spring season, expect to see Sakura (Cherry blossom) and Rape flowers.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a shuttle bus or express bus something like tt.. that goes to Seoul from the airport and vice versa. You may try to search on it if you're interested in that option. Otherwise, just take a cab. But it's quite a distance to downtown. So can be pretty expensive.. tolls and fees not included. Since you're going next yr, maybe the train option will be open by then. :)

Expect mist for the whole day if you are unlucky. went there during may this year and my domestic flight out of jeju was even delayed due to the mist.
The coastal areas are a good spot for nice photos. 3d2n is not enough to cover the whole island though.