Inappropriate joke, embarrassed nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/04/03/4741675/singapore-pm-draws-laughs-in-us.html

Do a search, it was reported in most if not all major press. While the joke did not originates from him, to have said it in front of the world surely is not appropriate.

Extract:
He drew laughs - and some groans - with his quips, including one about China's environmental problems.

"Beijing residents joke that to get a free smoke all they have to do is open their windows!" Lee said.

He then alluded to thousands of pig carcasses recently fished from Chinese rivers."

(In) Shanghai, if you want some pork soup, you just turn on the tap," he said.His audience appeared doubtful if that was good taste, until he added, "That's their joke, not mine."

I think he forgot that Singapore is affected by haze from Indonesia forcing us to smoke Gudang Garum and one of the sources of our water is from sewage water. Now isn't that embarrassing?

WASHINGTON: Singapore PM draws laughs in US speech | National Politics | Rock Hill Herald Online

Do a search, it was reported in most if not all major press. While the joke did not originates from him, to have said it in front of the world surely is not appropriate.

Extract:
He drew laughs - and some groans - with his quips, including one about China's environmental problems.

"Beijing residents joke that to get a free smoke all they have to do is open their windows!" Lee said.

He then alluded to thousands of pig carcasses recently fished from Chinese rivers."

(In) Shanghai, if you want some pork soup, you just turn on the tap," he said.His audience appeared doubtful if that was good taste, until he added, "That's their joke, not mine."

I think he forgot that Singapore is affected by haze from Indonesia forcing us to smoke Gudang Garum and one of the sources of our water is from sewage water. Now isn't that embarrassing?

forex-trader-why-so-serious.jpg

oh and thanks for bringing this ground breaking news that happened... 1 week ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.