In the name of "Portfolio Building"

i think also good to post the main photographer's portfolio. don't want to end up the person shooting for free do a better job and being made use as a free main photographer...

Don't think there's another "main photographer" the free photographer IS the main photographer, she's hoping for the free photographer to be familiar with the place ;p

it is much simple just to delete the whole thread, but I don't want the service wanted section to be too sterilised.

:)

Understand your POV and will leave this in your good hands but I would not be surprised if it already serves her purpose and this will encourage others to do the same.

Thanks Bro

Ladies and gents, do a search on agoda or groupon and look at how cheap a trip and accommodation to Krabi is.

Just one unit of your SB900 or EX580II already beats that price.

A wedding pro packs about $10000 to $20000 worth of equipment per wedding. How would a pro risk travel with such high stakes without reasonable and justifiable compensation? Any mishap may cause him to close shop or seriously cripple his business. Remember back from the trip he still need these equipment for other paying clients. Sea, sand, accidents, thieves, hotel/resort security, flight handling, etc, its all probable things to hurt you or your gear.

And overseas job will put me out of action for 3 to 5 days due to travel and fatigue. How to justify the 5 days of lost income?

Obviously the pros and the semi pros and even the serious hobbyists who are good in their work and serious in their businesses, won't be interested and will even frown as these practises, for it hurts the market. Obviously TS is out to hunt for newbie hobbyists hoping to enter the pro scene. Question is, whats the chance of the respondents being good, reliable, professional in conduct, have the right equipment, know the right shots, and yet free?

Talent and luck will help in early stages of photography yes, but once you passed the beginner stages its the hard work and discipline of challenging something again and again and again until one reached mastery and that really separates a photo artist from a GWC. If one is not there yet, photographically/artistically, Krabi or East Coast Park not much different. I would be more impressed by a great photographic concept shot in a rubbish dump house than an anyhow-whack-photo shot in a castle.

i think also good to post the main photographer's portfolio. don't want to end up the person shooting for free do a better job and being made use as a free main photographer...

If she already hired a photographer, finding another photographer is a direct show of disrespect and lack of confident in the first.

I think it is industry standard everywhere for weddings and portraits jobs to be exclusive per session. You want to hire another photographer fine, but not on same session. Amateurs included.

I am looking for photographer who would like to build up his/her portfolio
Krabi on 22 March - 24 March - Best if you are familiar with there
Casual pre-wedding shoot

I am only willing to pay for the airfare and accomodation
3D2N

Interested, please contact Jo at prestigelee@gmail.com with your contact and portfolio

Another thing, 'Casual pre-wedding shoot' to me reads as 'I don't even have a wedding gown yet'.

So its like hiring a photog on site overseas for 3 days for only few hundred bucks. Some studios already charge a local $1500 day rate for one junior photographer.

Lastly, I personally don't like the way she wrote it. "I am only willing to pay for the..." Its way too blatant, rude and entitlement attitude too strong here. If posting advertisement already use such tones here, I shudder to think what would it be on site.

If you remember the Vietnamese tourist couple who tried to pull the same trick some weeks ago (their threads deleted by mod already I think), at least they tried to ask nicely and show pics of themselves.

I believe the TS is a run and gun poster. hence the email address in the first post, I doubt she will come back.

Anyway let those people with dslr and kit lens go la. At the most TS gets ****ed up photos and the person she pays the trip for gets to go overseas.

I believe the TS is a run and gun poster. hence the email address in the first post, I doubt she will come back.

Anyway let those people with dslr and kit lens go la. At the most TS gets ****ed up photos and the person she pays the trip for gets to go overseas.

I searched her email and found her advertisement on gumtree hiring telephone coordinator for $9 per hour, (Is that a better job or what?!)

Co-ordinator (Through telephone) - High salary! - Singapore part time, weekend jobs - Gumtree Singapore

can train me?

eleveninth, I dont think you need training being a senior member in CS.
You would have enuf experience judging from the way you write.
pm me if u wan to know me.
as I dun like to post too much info here as you can c from the amt of posts I have in CS.

now this is new.

so the free photographer gets free holiday (since air fare and accommodation paid for) for the work he put in but he needs to pay other expenses (food, transport, insurance etc)?

as I dun like to post too much info here as you can c from the amt of posts I have in CS.

lol. Senior Member just means i post alot of rubbish. Doesn't mean im experience. I pm'd u already. :)

now this is new.

so the free photographer gets free holiday (since air fare and accommodation paid for) for the work he put in but he needs to pay other expenses (food, transport, insurance etc)?

Shooting on job overseas is hardly a holiday.

Its more like getting a personal photographer to shoot their holiday for cheap.

Nowadays these cheapos will say anything to make use of photographers. If they respected the craft of photography and the photographer in the first place they wouldn't be short changing you.

Most likely they can afford to pay but just don't want to, nor see the need when they can try their luck on Clubsnap pulling this trick.

Hi All,

I've mentioned about the 'free photography' problem/syndrome long ago but some newbies insist that without starting out for free how do they ever get to starter! Well newbies have to start at the beginning as you dont learn to fly before your learn to walk. Over the years I've trained more than 50 newbies. Of course not everyone will make it but there are a few who have made Photography their career. Whenever I have a chance to find a newbie who is keen to learn about photography and even my trainees/interns get paid to learn. There is No such thing as 'free photography' in my vocabulary. All my clients either pay full rate or what i term 'charity' rates if they are non-profit organisation, they are either subsidised or depend on donations but end of the day we are providing a service and Not doing volunteer work. My 2cents.

Hi Mel,

I hope we will have more established photographers like you can post and share more here. :)

Hi TS,
I will shoot for you FREE if you meet my expectations of a model bridal couple... T&C's as follows ...

1) Vera Wang Wedding Gowns
2) Professional Local Makeup Artists .. TG Goh, Kenneth Wong, Clarence Lee, Ivan Hoo ... etc
3) First class villa in Krabi
4) 5 hours photography shoot from 8am till 1pm

Albert of Everafterpictures

You forgot to add that they should be model looking, not fat and ugly :)

please state what airline and also which hotel will be provided?

Hi Mel,

I hope we will have more established photographers like you can post and share more here. :)

Hi Benajmin,

Lao liau la... :) Dont like to tok too much here as there are many experts here.

Catch up for a cuppa one of these dayz!

cheers

I wonder why there are no ads like this:

"I am looking for a restaurant for a casual pre-wedding dinner 100 pax with three main course dishes, wine, dessert and live music
Having experience in helding wedding banquets is preferred
I am only willing to pay for the forks and tissues"

but there are too many ads like these in photography, especially in wedding one which is much more stressful and responsible job.

Soon or later ClubSNAP service wanted will become as Charity wanted section...

I don't really understand why now a days a lot ppl for asking a free shooting? Low budget? I don't think so bcos thr are plan to krabi..save budget? I also don't think so if thr wan to save then just shoot local la..

TS I have a question in my mind hope you can answer for me..

Q: if your budget low then why you married? Did you wan on your wedding day you going to show your relation that monkey take photo for you?

Pay nut get monkey

TS TS~~ You want to save money also don't need to go into such disgrace act right?