In the digital era...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexus

May 21, 2004
Bukit Batok
Sometime I wonder why people say when it come to photography stuff, they will recommend Nikon, Canon, Minolta and so on. Yes, this might be so in the days of the 35mm film cameras. However, in this digital era, people still insisted that they are better and Sony is not up to it. I disagree with that as in term of digital power and techniques, Sony is on par with them, if not better. In terms of optics, they are using Zeiss lenses! For those people who think that Sony is definitely not a choice for them, think again!

Just my thoughts...

i think if you say prosumer cameras, & also P&S cams, i raise up my 2 hands & legs to support SONY!!!

but since SONY have not yet ventured into DSLR, mayb with Carl Zeiss (i hope) den we can see them in another era of digital photography.

Some Sony P&S are truly good and nice looking. But there is no need to compare Sony against other brands. Different brands excel in different areas and it all depends on the user's needs.

Thats very true, but many people just brush sony aside because they do not originate from a camera designer. Then again...we have HANDYCAM!

rexus said:
Thats very true, but many people just brush sony aside because they do not originate from a camera designer. Then again...we have HANDYCAM!

You won't believe how much I love Sony stuff. I now have two bloody handcams. One DV and one DVD. Obviously I can only need one, but I can't decide which one to keep!

If only Sony makes DSLRs. ;p

skyline_impreza said:
Sony uses its own memorystick, which is expensive.
Other kind of memory card are much cheaper.

precisely! i second that...
sony likes doing things their way. everything must be their very own...

skyline_impreza said:
Sony uses its own memorystick, which is expensive.
Other kind of memory card are much cheaper.

Quite unfortunate about the prices of memory sticks. Funny thing after owning 2 Sony digicams, two handycams, a Vaio notebook and P900. I only have three memorysticks. At any one time I only need two. People whine and whine, but is it really such a big deal? Besides prices seem to be dropping quite drastically recently.

It'll be intresting to hear from people with even more memorystick slots to fill. Those with none to start with need not comment.

Call me a Sony fanboy lah. But I really love Sony products.

Status
Not open for further replies.