In praise of colours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosu_John

Aug 11, 2004
www.blackbistro.com
collage1.jpg

Shots from around the house. Inspired by my exam readings. Ok back to studying now. :devil:

Any comments are more than welcome.

guitar works for me, although I would prefer more green in the guitar photo. overall, an interesting conjure but lacks some coherence between objects. just 2c worth.

henrylim said:
guitar works for me, although I would prefer more green in the guitar photo. overall, an interesting conjure but lacks some coherence between objects. just 2c worth.

thank you henry, i'll keep those valuable pointers in mind next time I try something abstract like this again.

You're right about coherence! After adding the signatures and borders in PS, I stood back and looked at it and I realised it lacked a certain coherence to it all, perhaps if the individuals objects in their different positions could relate to each other somehow it would be more impactful.

For your information, I DID arrange the 4 photos to try to frame the photo, the heart being looking down to the right and the guitar forming a the horizontal bar 'supporting' the photo and the rest just basic preference.

Any thoughts? :think:

hey.. i really like this! hmm exams does have its uses!!

really, thimbs up here! good use of title too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jOhO said:
hey.. i really like this! hmm exams does have its uses!!

really, thimbs up here! good use of title too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thank you joho,

I'm having a headache right now over tommorrow's paper though. :angry:

Perhaps you could concentrate on what you love most - guitar? music? would pencil+score and guitarboard+strings, guitar bag or guitar picks macros work? how about a shot of a nice cup of coffee next to you working while composing a piece? :think: but dun stress yourself out - study comes first :bsmilie:

by themselves, they are nice. put four together, linked by colours is interesting but may not be impactful because as viewers, we have to figure out how to 'appreciate' this piece of 'art'.... :)

no worries though, my understanding could be different from what you are trying to achieve. :bsmilie:

henrylim said:
Perhaps you could concentrate on what you love most - guitar? music? would pencil+score and guitarboard+strings, guitar bag or guitar picks macros work? how about a shot of a nice cup of coffee next to you working while composing a piece? :think: but dun stress yourself out - study comes first :bsmilie:

by themselves, they are nice. put four together, linked by colours is interesting but may not be impactful because as viewers, we have to figure out how to 'appreciate' this piece of 'art'.... :)

no worries though, my understanding could be different from what you are trying to achieve. :bsmilie:

heh thank you henry, my paper for today is since over, and I'm looking forward to the next one then the last one and finally a chance to go out to shoot with my friends. :blah:

good for you! all the best, and hope you can achieve even better photos.... think before shooting..... it's the best policy...... i learn that a photo can be "technically good" yet totally no impact in a photo.

Gosu_John said:
collage1.jpg

Shots from around the house. Inspired by my exam readings. Ok back to studying now. :devil:

Any comments are more than welcome.

I thought exams should end on last Saturday already? Today's the soccer match and opening ceremony for ISG. Goiing? 230pm to 8pm

Hi Adzz,

I'm from NUS architecture, not NTU. My friends in NTU all laughing at us now. sigh... Will be over soon. :) Have fun!

haha, i just realised also. why did i have the impression that u are from NTU. I came to know about your blog, not thru CS, but from my gf, who reads it. :), who after that questions me about things happening at CS. :lol:

Adzz said:
haha, i just realised also. why did i have the impression that u are from NTU. I came to know about your blog, not thru CS, but from my gf, who reads it. :), who after that questions me about things happening at CS. :lol:

:eek: Your gf reads my blog? That's cool. Do I know her by any chance? Monday is the last paper... what a pity not to be able to go down to SITEX. :complain:

Status
Not open for further replies.