In life... do u think its better to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Cold & not get hit by flying arrows and backstabbing daggers den to be warm and suffer the consequences as a result of being too generous?

Question back to you:

Would you rather love and risk being hurt or save from getting hurt and not love at all? I will choose to love and risk being hurt. :)

A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost

It's just life. Just live it. ~Terri Guillemets

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dennis Wholey

jsbn said:
Cold & not get hit by flying arrows and backstabbing daggers den to be warm and suffer the consequences as a result of being too generous?

Read Sun Tze. The Art of War hehehe......and practice what I call "white Politics"

teacher "why you beat him?"
schoolboy1 "he beat me so i beat him!"
schoolboy2 "if he don't beat me i won't beat him!!!!"
teacher "so who beat who 1st!!!!!!!!!!"

keke...get my idea?

and sometimes we stab people till we don't know or maybe unintentional, vice versa too.

Hitman said:
Question back to you:

Would you rather love and risk being hurt or save from getting hurt and not love at all? I will choose to love and risk being hurt. :)

A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost

It's just life. Just live it. ~Terri Guillemets

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dennis Wholey
Hmm... Actually I'd choose not to fall in love.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not juz saying for the sake of saying, but den again some happenings had juz put me off.

for me, i think falling in love cannot choose one leh. when seeing someone I love, it is naturally falling into love. i think i emotional type, love is not something logical which I can choose. why i have chemistry with gal 1 and not gal 2 is something I cannot explain.

Some say niceness is the survival tactic of the coward.
Some of us don't have a choice. It's in our nature.

The trouble with backstabbers and *******s is they believe they can get away with it.
My advice to them is, just don't expect people to be civilised when you hurt them.

The rich and powerful bully and exploit the weak and poor knowing their victims are limited by the rules, laws, norms.

But remember in war, all is fair. When you hurt someone verbally, it doesn't mean he cannot hurt you physically. Who came up with these rules anyway?!

TMC said:
Can I be lukewarm?
There's a saying, "If u stand in the middle of the road, u'll get hit by traffic coming both sides..."

Unwritten social rules?

Not all things have to be written down in black & white.

I'm not very sure how would ppl see it, but den again being nice is prolly a way of trying to please everyone and u'll end up with nothing since everyone ate a piece out of u cos u're so nice.

Ppl who backstab... well, its prolly their way of getting around and surviving in this world... to protect themselves frm being 'eaten' by others, being taken advantage of. Ppl tend not to approach u for favours if u're a nasty chap and vice versa.

Most human are quite selfish nowadays. For their own benefits, they don't care who you are. This type of ppl, will get back from those even more selfish. :bsmilie:

(Example is cyclist on pavement. Ring n Ring, where got such thing as you over take n warn other??? Cannot cycle on the grass for overtaking meh? Got bicycle think like having a ferrari. :nono: :angry: )

In life, I think experience will move you from one extreme to another, even if for a brief time. I've observed myself go from warm to ice-cold, and now I'm lukewarm...in this case that might actually mean indifference.

Although some people hate those who straddle the lines and are neither hot nor cold, I think that it is important to be able to compromise in some situations. At the end of the day, life teaches us many lessons and moulds us into who we are at the present day. Whether that present state is hot or cold is unimportant because it is certain to change in time to come.

jsbn said:

There is no perfection in life. I had been stabbed in my back many, many times. Do I enjoy these stabs? Hell! No!

But I ask myself. What will do me more harm? What will damage me more?

Be cold and miserable - NEGATIVE - insular from all possible harm?

Or radiating warmth to those around you?

For me, I chose to be a person I like, even though I might get stabbed in my back occassionally. Looking back with half century experience (OK, less than half century - the first couple of decades might not count - maybe). What is the big deal, anyway? Things always appear worse than what it actually is.

But hopefully with experience, I can detect those rascally ways and avoid the back stabbing and being taken advantage of.

ortega said:
life is short : live it

Life is short; live it. How true!

Err, threadstarter, you talking about love in general or "falling in love". Quite different issues.

Douglas

sarah wong said:
Dear jsbn
i would rather live a life of kindness....and yes, learn to avoid conman and cheat like the CEO who did the fake magazine

over come discouragement with good. but then those who cheat still must pay for it...dont let them get away.;)

It is meaningless to allow ourselves to get hurt etc by conmen, they care not even a single bit about those they make profit out from.

Sarah, you wanna avoid them or dont let them get away.;) ?

Douglas

student said:
There is no perfection in life. .......

How true, how true!

People will always fail us not matter how hard we try. Even mothers may fail their children. After all, are there perfect parents? But does that mean we should emotionally protect ourselves by putting on a cold barrier to detach ourselves from reality?

We are all social beings. We need to love and be loved. Alas, if only we can show this kind of love:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres"

Status
Not open for further replies.