In dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

afiy92

Feb 27, 2008
Okay guys I am in dilemma for now . I can't make up my mind on which DSLR cam should I go for for my first DSLR .
I know nuts about DSLR but I am willing to learn more on it and secondly I am in dilemma which one should I go ND3000 or the latest pentax kx .

My friend advice me for N D3000 if I were to go for nikon because it got the guides modes and such and I have few question to ask from the experts here .

1) I am more to outdoor shooting . Is D3000 good for beginner wise?

2)
Nikon D3000 Kit (18-55VR) - S$860.00, comes with an 8gb card and bag
Is it a good deal for a budget of below 1k because I see @ Alan photo cost $880 and lots of freebies

I think that all for now . If there is more question I just add up in here

If your budget isnt limited in any way, id go for a D90 if i were you. Although the D3000 is in a way a great camera by any standards, what stinks to me most, is the fact that it doesnt have an AF(auto focus) servo build into the body. Which means that you would need newer AFS (Auto Focus Servo) lenses in order to auto focus. Older AFD lenses will no auto focus when used on a D3000. Eitherway i guess its good to invest in something a little more robust which will prolly outlast your years till your next upgrade.

My say, get the D90 if money is no objection. Otherwise, the D3000 will be more than enough for pretty much anything you throw at it. Just dont skimp on lenses ;)

Hope that helps~ SB

Both DSLRs are good camera. But think along the local support and choices / availability of lens & accessories, u will know the answer. Just like buying a car, it would be advisable to go for a Jap Toyota rather than a Renault, the accessories are more readily available.

Okay guys I am in dilemma for now . I can't make up my mind on which DSLR cam should I go for for my first DSLR .
I know nuts about DSLR but I am willing to learn more on it and secondly I am in dilemma which one should I go ND3000 or the latest pentax kx .

My friend advice me for N D3000 if I were to go for nikon because it got the guides modes and such and I have few question to ask from the experts here .

2)
Is it a good deal for a budget of below 1k because I see @ Alan photo cost $880 and lots of freebies

Go with Nikon.

So many lenses for sale on the Buy n Sale forum.

Pentax has fewer followers here.

Don't worry about the lenses just yet. There are plenty of lenses you can use with D3000.
D90 is twice the price of D3000.

I am happy with my D90 :) it's my first DSLR too. Go for D90!

Why not start from scratch.

1. List down all the entry level cameras from all brands (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus)
2. Compare the features.
3. Go to the shops to try them in your hand. You are the one using the cam not others. You have to be comfortable with the user interface and functions of the cam.

That's what I did when I started out and I have no regret getting something outside the popular.

Honestly.... the D3000 isn't a fantastic cam... and to compare it with the D90 is IMO (I say again this is my opinion. Others may choose to disagree) is actually insulting the D90.

You may want to read this review first before deciding.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d3000.htm

I would suggest you consider the D5000 if the D90 is out of your budget. D3000 is a really simple DSLR and if you shoot at its highest ISO of 1600, the noise is quite obvious...but if you are fine with all of that then by all means get it. the D3000 is the cheapest DSLR around for Nikon now.

Honestly.... the D3000 isn't a fantastic cam... and to compare it with the D90 is IMO (I say again this is my opinion. Others may choose to disagree) is actually insulting the D90.

I would suggest you consider the D5000 if the D90 is out of your budget. D3000 is a really simple DSLR and if you shoot at its highest ISO of 1600, the noise is quite obvious...but if you are fine with all of that then by all means get it. the D3000 is the cheapest DSLR around for Nikon now.

It all depend your interest. If u really keen on photography go for D90. It slightly more expensive but it worth it.:cool:

go for the D90 and you probably will not need to get another camera for a couple of years.

Whats outdoor? Birding? Landscape? Sports? Streets ? Portraits?

streets , gatherings , skateparks , buildings and landscape too

here are my choices

1) canon 100d
2) pentax kx
3) n d3000
4) sony a320
5) sony a330

i've read up the reviews but still i can't made my mind yet

no offense to d3k owners but he's quite right, with that budget i'd recommend other brands..in my opinion it's a bit overpriced given it's specs and performance especially now that a lot of low priced dslr with very good specs coming out in the market like the pentax and sony

All cameras these days are really good. Depending on your budget and how interested you are in DSLR Photography will help determine what body you pick. If you think you just want it for the fun of it, save your cash and get something entry. If you think you are more inclined to learn about photography, how to use a DSLR, you could go for something more advanced, so you have more room to grow. Nikon's D90 is a great camera if your budget allows.

streets , gatherings , skateparks , buildings and landscape too

here are my choices

1) canon 100d
2) pentax kx
3) n d3000
4) sony a320
5) sony a330

i've read up the reviews but still i can't made my mind yet

For number 1, are you talking about Canon 1000D?

For number 1, are you talking about Canon 1000D?
yes 1000d . typo error

The Sony A230/330 are pretty good in specs and performance but you may want to try the cam, the grip is awfully small and I don't feel comfortable holding it.

2)

I could recommend you the Pentax K20D as its just about as tough as the 1D series for a fraction of the price but thing is its not really for beginners and will take quite some time to learn the more advanced controls.

Just be sure you are buying a dslr for the right reasons.

Otherwise i would recommend a superzoom like the Canon SX20 IS.

Be aware of the limitations in the D3000. Do look at the other brands as well, you'd be amazed what sort of a good deal you can get.

The Sony A230/330 are pretty good in specs and performance but you may want to try the cam, the grip is awfully small and I don't feel comfortable holding it.

check out their reviews looks the same but why is it one is a330 and other one is a230

Status
Not open for further replies.