In dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gonna stick to this for asking question . Don't want to make a new thread to ask around for my queries .

Hey guys what do u think of nikon d5000 ? is there any pros and cons for it ?

Yes, and they are discussed on here over and over again, as well as on the reviews.

Have you even read any of the reviews? Think of it as a D3000 with a tilting LCD. Other than that, same limitations.

i was once in your shoes. i did tonnes of research and decided on a D3000. Then someone here called pinholecam introduced me to the k-x. :bsmilie: A lot more research followed.. And now i am a proud, happy owner of a white power k-x.

You can take a look at my thought process here.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598556

And remember that ultimately what you should get should be what you want, and that answer is something only you yourself can answer. On top of that, the only way to get an answer that you will be happy with, is with research. :)

If u are looking at d5000, might as well get d90...

But if u can afford d5000, u should be looking at the Sony a500 and a550 already. These 2 cameras wins the d5000 in many ways, except that they don't hv video modes. Price are similar.

To be honest, Sony and pentax is winning the entry level dslr segment with their value for money entry level dslrs. The sub $1200 Canon and Nikon dslrs don't offer as much as similarly priced Sony and pentax dslrs. So if u wanna buy Nikon, get the d90 and above. If u looking for budget dslrs below $1.2k, look towards pentax and Sony.

okay just to clear my doubts if i want to go for nikon aim for d90 because it has good features and worth for money and don't go for d3000 and d5000 at all because their specs kind of not up to standard .

okay for canon what can u recommend ? is 500d worth for the value and its specs?

might looking up on A550 .

Yeah the 500D is pretty good. Do you know why people recommend you the D90? Because the good features include an autofocus motor. But if I were you, I would just go straight to 50D or 40D then don't need upgrade body already. You can look at A700 too. Different feel as compared to A550. :)

If u r ok w/ cropped sensor, just buy a second hand D300
Its should last u thru ur DSLR learning phase

If u r tempted by the full frame bug, then a 2nd hand D700 then

hey,

have u decided? i in similar position as you. After reading thru' and doing my own quick research (i just go for conclusion, look at the photo gallery and access from there. To take good photos, u dont need expensive camera but an eye for visuals, etc etc. Once u sharpened ur skills then get better quality lens and camera body...i seen too many pple getting expensive DSLR but the photos taken could be taken by and P&S while some are able to take fantastic photos using P&S. It You not the Tools)

Anyway...i gg for pentax-kx. I pretty sure of what i wanted that is i.e. a well rounder. Take a look at the review here. Hope it helps.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/

okay just to clear my doubts if i want to go for nikon aim for d90 because it has good features and worth for money and don't go for d3000 and d5000 at all because their specs kind of not up to standard .

okay for canon what can u recommend ? is 500d worth for the value and its specs?

might looking up on A550 .

I got the 500D myself for my first DSLR. I wanted an entry level DSLR for learning and I am very happy with it. Reading reviews is useful but i feel nothing beats going to the shops to take a look and feel the different brands and models within your budget. Then you will have better idea of which system you are most comfortable with.

To TS,

It's pretty obvious u r leaning more to the Nikon side as you keep going back to Nikon models. If u r seriously keen on a Nikon and can wait, then save for a D90 and dun look back. No point getting a D5000 or D3000 as they are honestly not worth the money (again no disrespect to D5k and D3k users... this is just my personal opinion)

Best is to go have a feel of all the cameras that was listed here, Sony models, canon models, pentax and Nikon and see and feel which one is right for you. Sometimes all it takes is to have the camera in your hands and you would immediately know which one to get.

Before i got my D90 i was toying with the idea of getting canon 1000D but the moment D90 was launched and i tested it, it was like a match made in heaven! hahaha :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.