In a foul mood - What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
A lot of reasons contributed to this thread but as the title says it, I am indeed in a rather foul mood. Not only it has been a crappy time for me for the past 4 months, somehow bad news and office politics trippled from the usual. Bad, bad, bad, bad... :(

And not only that, I heard some really bad stuff yesterday from my colleagues, to top it off the things I am getting. I need a quart of rum and a one way ticket to the Bahamas. :what:

So, tried watching Van Helsing last night with my family. It was temporary relief for me because it made me forget all my stuff for that 2.5 hours. But this morning when I woke up, I still feel crappy. :(

Any recommendations NOT to feel even crappier? Or what do you guys do to make yourself even more happy, considering that you are single? :dunno:

I need to get away from it once and for all. :D

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

Take a breather... you cant help what others think of you. Just be truthful to yourself, give a 100% and the rest is beyond your control.

Even if bad things happen, they are just part and parcel of life. They will happen regardless. You just have to learn to live with it and manage it accordingly. It is often through loss that we discover how forunate we are and how we should treasure what little we have.. our health, family, friends.

Life is full of unknowns... you can stay still on the rooftop or take a leap into the unknown. granted everyone wish for a safe and sound journey but life would be boring if it is so... live life... cherish it...
28568421.jpg

u mentioned past 4 months? lolzz the past 1 n a half year was ultimate crappy for me too.. really got to endure a lot a lot of bad things..finally now thigns are gettign better n better . really ..soem times its just a temporary rough patch..u must endure and keep the faith that good days will eventually come. its the spirit u got to keep :gbounce:

try call up one of ur closest best-buddy friends and just go chill out somewhere soemtime.
i got one friend since RI days..he is a bit kuailan/attitude with the rest of our RI 95' batch but he is very good buddy wif me..he is workign in insurance line, soem times quite stress, so tiem to tiem he call me up n we go tokkok session 2gether..not only relieves his stress but also gives me a refreshign break too.

if not then your mom or sis can be your closest confidante..blood ties are one of the best things in life...i feel thsi strongly coz my sister gonna get married end of this year...thou we not that close but i still feel happy for her.

if not then u can try go for a hair-makeover or try a new hobby/sport/whatever [swim!swim!swim! triathlon! yeah! ;) ]. just try soemthign new..it givea u a temp stress diversion, and also makes u realise that there is more to life..being able to achieve a new goal makes urself better as a more renew-ed person. it can help restore the lost confidence and ..it just opens up new possibilitiers in life

if not u can try go back to those places u liked most..those thingys /memories that gave u memories of the best times i nthe past..anything cozy that makes u feel good

whatever u try..just dont give up in life.

If you have not done so, find people to share your woes ... it usually helps a little, at least.

Just to let you know, you're not alone ... I also have a lot of #@$%#$%!

:angry: :bsmilie: :confused:

Michelle, life is full of choices. its urs to make. like in photography, you can choose to shoot or not to shoot when a certain oppourtunity arises. shld u decide to shoot then you know u need to compose, frame and all dat stuff. shld u not then u just move on. dont think i need to harp on but just this ..... watever mood u choose, watever path u choose, the sun will still rise and set tomolo. its ur choice to smile or to frown. all da best ...................... t :D m (outta a job in a coupla months!!)

Agree with tom_lim. You can choose to be happy. Decide that you have hit the bottom and there is no other way forward but up. Take time off. Rejoice in the little things in life. Focus your negative vibes into positive energy. Laugh. Don't target your foul mood and resulting temper to your closest ones (which I tend to do). You still have your family to love and be loved.

Sometimes, you cannot decide what happens to you. But you can decide your response. :D

-----------
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

**** the politics... ( i feel, to overcome the politics, you should go in the opposite direction to what people expect... if they say something about you, agree with them.. they will be bored of you and leave you alone..)

i spend most of my weekends alone either in my house or i go walk walk walk with my girlfirend (my camera).. and i dont think about work.. just me and the beautiful world around me..

if office calls, reject the call.. it makes you feel better... (if they complain, say, Having a mobile phone does not automatically create an inherent obligation to use it.)

In essence.. SOD the WORLD....

kjmedora said:
i spend most of my weekends alone either in my house or i go walk walk walk with my girlfirend (my camera).. and i dont think about work.. just me and the beautiful world around me..

You're lucky; at least you have time for 'her'. I don't.

There's life beyond work (family, friends and favourite pastimes) and should things persist, perhaps you should explore new job opportunities? ;)

Hi Michelle,

Don't really know u but came across ur posting, so tot of just say something from my heart. It's not easy to let things go, especially if it still bothers u in the heart. So, the best way to overcome it is to find something to fill the desires of your heart. U watched a movie, and it let u forget things for 2.5 hours because your heart was enjoying the movie... find something else to do, a hobby like photography for most of us bring us away from our problems or for me, I pray to God or cry out to Him (or in reality, complain to Him about my plight...it's always good to know that Someone up there is listening).

Things will change as the days go by, just be patient!

Hello Michelle,

My advice is: go see the psych to see if you are suffering from depression (very likely from what I read in your post) then probably he will give you prozac for a while. This does help and since it is on a prescription and follows some course of treatment it will help you while you need it and it will help you withdraw when you no longer need it.

I also suggest that you really try to accept what office politics and situation is. I am not suggesting that you passively let crap happen to you but it helps you if you can come to terms with how things have come to be now. This will kinda relieve you from the stress of not finding any way out. Once you can accept the office situation, you will have a clearer mind as to what to do. So stop struggling against it (if you are) and start thinking of the good things that you get from the office for the time being while of course aiming for better (better can be more optimistic about the office or changing office altogether or changing profession - though changing is hardly a solution normally because changing means adaptation to new environment). The deal is to be positive about things, harder to do than to say, but with real rewards. Being positive will make you less down and this opens the doors for inter personal communications and ask you something: who will your superiors prefer to work with? someone who is depressed and always sad or some who is breathing life and cheering up?

See, the problem might be your perception with regards to things: look at some of the people posting here, who are telling you that some don't have a job and stuff. Well, you can start rejoicing from there: you got a job and a revenue. You have your family and you can watch movies with them. You have photography into which you can lose yourself for a while. You probably have friends to confide in. You have projects for the future. A lot of us don't have those and we still manage to survive and not be so down.

Seriously, the solution to what seems to be the load of crap falling on you right now is that you should really have a hard go at all the good things that are happening to you in life. While dealing with other not so good things once at a time, give yourself time to breathe and do not jam your brain with a lot of stuff... progress slowly but surely, don't try to overachieve and mess it all up, patience.

And don't run into a relationship thinking that things will be better. The guy could have lots of problem and might not be able to solve yours. Sort yourself out first and then start something up with someone else, it is not only fair that way but it avoids you more problem in the future.

First step to start with: write down all the good things that are happening to you, then all the bad things, then everyday enjoy as much as you can from the list of good things, but tackle one bad thing at a time. And go see the psych as soon as you can, don't worry, no one will think you are crazy, and there is no reason why anyone should know anyway. Get those anti depressants, they help.

In a few weeks time you will be fine :thumbsup:

BTW... what happened 4 months ago? you seem to be able to pinpoint quite exactly something that happened that changed it all.

And yeah... normally there is no shortcut (or running and hiding): drinking, smoking, having a fling/affair, gambling and so on will not make anything better. Everything comes at a cost but not everything has a good outcome.

... my two cents worth! :)

Me, i scream in the lift on my way up. I live on the 24th floor, and, somehow, i feel better when i step out at the top.

PS: Don't try this if there's anyone else in there with you.

mich_2103 said:
Hey Everyone,
A lot of reasons contributed to this thread but as the title says it, I am indeed in a rather foul mood. Not only it has been a crappy time for me for the past 4 months, somehow bad news and office politics trippled from the usual. Bad, bad, bad, bad... :(

And not only that, I heard some really bad stuff yesterday from my colleagues, to top it off the things I am getting. I need a quart of rum and a one way ticket to the Bahamas. :what:

So, tried watching Van Helsing last night with my family. It was temporary relief for me because it made me forget all my stuff for that 2.5 hours. But this morning when I woke up, I still feel crappy. :(

Any recommendations NOT to feel even crappier? Or what do you guys do to make yourself even more happy, considering that you are single? :dunno:

I need to get away from it once and for all. :D

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

hi michelle,

1. take a deep breath
2. look for new job
3. quit your current job
4. go away for a holiday (and take lots of photos)
5. count your blessings
6. don't worry, be happy

good luck!

rapidmax said:
Hello Michelle,

My advice is: go see the psych to see if you are suffering from depression (very likely from what I read in your post) then probably he will give you prozac for a while. This does help and since it is on a prescription and follows some course of treatment it will help you while you need it and it will help you withdraw when you no longer need it.

Rapidmax, have u seen a psychiatrist or psychologist yourself? :nono:

U can also try St John's Wort (can get them from places like GNC). I've been on St John's Wort and it does help to keep me calm in this fast and crazy world we live in.

Anthony
rapidmax said:
Hello Michelle,

oracle0711 said:
Rapidmax, have u seen a psychiatrist or psychologist yourself? :nono:

yeap, why?

And you will not really know whether you are really clinically depressed unless you see them. If you do then you can at least know what the professional thinks and maybe you are not... who knows?

rapidmax said:
yeap, why?

And you will not really know whether you are really clinically depressed unless you see them. If you do then you can at least know what the professional thinks and maybe you are not... who knows?

yup agree with you.. there shouldn't be stigma attached to seeing a pscyhiatrist or psychologist. Depression, etc are really forms of illness. It's best to get diagnosed and treated than be depressed your whole life just because you think its normal.

If there is something that bothers you, tackle the situation head on. Pointless to stand by the sidelines and let things happen, and continue to make yourslef miserable. Draw up a plan of what you will do in the event that those things that worry you happen, plan A to Z. If it is a situation at work that you can do something about, do it now and don't procrastinate. e.g. find out who the stakeholders who hold the solutions to your problems and work with them. If it is something that you can't do anything about e.g. retrenchment etc, start planning for your resume and next job and even studies or training etc. If it is a problem with yourself, take some time off and reflect upon what and how you can change yourself to suit your surroundings, talk to your family and friends, they should be able to provide valuable opinions of yourself. Don't sweep your problems under the mat, don't ignore them, don't play hide and seek, face up to reality and organise each one of them. Don't think in a complicated fashion, think of simple solutions. :D

Pray. Meditate. Scream to let out ..... ;) Wishing ya good days coming your way soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.