Impt News ! OM Adaptor Now Available from Olympus SG (Registration Req.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancy

Dec 16, 2003
Northern Singapore
Visit site
Dear OlyFolks,

I believe the wait (and anguish) is finally over. Looks like I've got company :)

Fortune rewards the patient. After some of us gave feedback & corresponded to the listening ears at Olympus SG, owners of the E-System & OM-System now have great reason to rejoice.

It's official, the mysterious & desirable MA1 adaptor is here, REALLY! For the first hundred qualified applicants, submit your details following instructions on Olympus SG's newly revamped website below.

At http://www.olympus.com.sg/. Click on the image of E-System Service & Support subtitled "OM Series Lens Adaptor for E System Users" for info to register for the adaptor via email. You will need a valid E-System & OM lens serial number which will be physically validated against upon collection.

My appreciation to Olympus SG for following closely on an issue that's close to many's heart. And the importance the new Oly SG team attaches to long-term customer relationship; particularly the Zuiko-invested OM generation; don't feel left out, the bridge to the E-System is here, go get an E1/E300 if you've not already done so :)

You may wish to note the window for the adaptor application starts today 8th - 18th Mar. What a lucky period to get your adaptor :)

If you know of other OMers, do help spread the word to the Oly community. Hurry Up, while stock last !

Hhmm, while you're here, I was at Olympus Studio at High Street a couple of weeks back & noted the M:Robe products on display there, I guess you could catch the products up close during the IT Show which was covered in today's ST Digital Life.

Thanks Everyone !

Cheers,

Disclaimer: I'm no spokesperson for Olympus SG. The information reported is the result of my feedback to the company as a customer seeking to address some community issues with their product. I'm so glad they followed up with concrete actions; to give a reply to me which I now share with the very community who seek answers to the same questions as I do.

Woo Hoo :thumbsup:

dang.... need an OM lens and serial no ... :(

Chancy,

Can we collect the adapter from oly studio in high street by bringing the E-300 body and an OM lens?

Thanks for all your efforts. Buy you a beer. Just let me know where ok.

Much appreciated

magicdragon said:
Chancy,

Can we collect the adapter from oly studio in high street by bringing the E-300 body and an OM lens?

Thanks for all your efforts. Buy you a beer. Just let me know where ok.

Much appreciated

Hello MagicDragon,

So sorry, I have no information on the collection details; we'll all have to hear from them in time, if I do, I'll keep all posted.

Don't worry about the beer (Do they ban alcohol on this forum, you'll end up having to use faster shutter speeds :), as an OMer myself, I'm glad to help; happy you can put your 17 Zuiko's to even better use finally now that Oly SG has sorted out the matter.

Cheers,

Yeah I can now use the E-300 as a digital back/spot meter with a Zuiko 135 mm lens.

BTW do you have an E-1 or E-300?

Great News indeed Chancy..!

It's unfortunate that I am not in in SG thou' i bought in SG. Is there
any option for buyers like me..? Nonetheless, i will write to the
address mentioned & shall post what i hear.

thanks for the info anyway, adal

THX CHANCY!!! U're the man!! :cheergal:

just applied even thou i dun own any OM glass. if i get it, i will collect a few. :) eyeing on the 90mm macro. :devil:

Hi,

Has anyone got the free OM Adaptor yet? I wrote in on the 11th of March and have yet to hear anything from them. Wonder if I should call to check ....
Anyone has more details?

Thanks!

Bailey

boochap said:
hope to see the 4/3 result on the old OM zuiko with adpator....pls dont forget to post them here...tks!

Hello BooChap,

I have high regard for your travel photos with your OMs. Hope to see your works digital or film soon :)

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hello BooChap,

I have high regard for your travel photos with your OMs. Hope to see your works digital or film soon :)

Cheers,

Chancy,

thank you so much for the compliment.. :)

i dun think i will go into digital SLR soon, unless the price really drop ;p
i am not a heavy shooter, with less than 100roll of slides per yr, 10$ per slide + dev, i cann't think of a better idea to justified for a 3000+$ digital SLR....i take time to compose a shoot, enjoy the feeling of anticipating a composition turning into a pic of film at the lab or at a darkroom...

i already have the series of OM1/2sp/3Ti/4/4Ti...and with some of the best zuiko 24f2/35f2/90f2/180f2.8 in my drybox... what else do i need?..heheee..

Hello Boochap,

Your travel site has a link to your chest of OM gears & they are mighty impressive. The 3Ti & 90 Macro are true gems & you really got the 24F2 at a steal :)

With the skills amassed from travel photography, I'm sure the results will turn out fine whether analog or digital.

Cheers,

hi guys, just to update on this redemption. i just recv an email saying that the collection period is from 11 Apr to 22nd Apr. venue is at the Oly HQ in river valley road & not hill street showroom. bring along your warranty card for the E sys or the physical product.

Quote from the email:
Redemption period: 11th to 22nd April 2005 (Office closed on Sat and Sun).
Redemption location: 491B River Valley Road #13-04 Valley Point Office
Tower (S248373).
Office hours (Mon to Fri): 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Redemption contact person: Mrs. Catherine Tan Tel: 6833 5320

You are required to bring the following items for verification:

1. NRIC of registered user.
2. Warranty card of E-System camera (E-300 or E-1 DSLR). If warranty
card is not available, you may bring down the physical product for
verification.
3. Warranty card of OM lens unit. If warranty card is not available, you
may bring down the physical product for verification.

may this bring more joy to the E system owners!! :cheers:

(ps. forgot to add that its for those who had applied.)

Olympus OM Adaptor Collection Notice
5th April 2005

Dear Olympus E-System Owner

You application for the E-system OM adaptor has been approved.

The redemption details are as follows:

You are to bring your NRIC card or passport, E-system and OM lens warranty cards for verification. If you do not possess the warranty cards, please bring your actual products (E-system camera and/or OM lens). We will not be able to approve your application if verification is not completed. The redemption is at Olympus Singapore office only. Redemption will not be available at the Olympus Studio High Street Centre.

Redemption location: 491B River Valley Road #13-04 Valley Point Office Tower (S248373).

2. Warranty card of E-System camera (E-300 or E-1 DSLR). If warranty card is not available, you may bring down the physical product for verification.
3. Warranty card of OM lens unit. If warranty card is not available, you may bring down the physical product for verification.

Thank you and warmest regards.

bariq said:
5th April 2005

Dear Olympus E-System Owner

You application for the E-system OM adaptor has been approved.

The redemption details are as follows:

You are to bring your NRIC card or passport, E-system and OM lens warranty cards for verification. If you do not possess the warranty cards, please bring your actual products (E-system camera and/or OM lens). We will not be able to approve your application if verification is not completed. The redemption is at Olympus Singapore office only. Redemption will not be available at the Olympus Studio High Street Centre.

Redemption location: 491B River Valley Road #13-04 Valley Point Office Tower (S248373).

2. Warranty card of E-System camera (E-300 or E-1 DSLR). If warranty card is not available, you may bring down the physical product for verification.
3. Warranty card of OM lens unit. If warranty card is not available, you may bring down the physical product for verification.

Thank you and warmest regards.

Haha got that letter but I dun own OM Lens means cannot collect =(

can still collect, i think. just have to show prove that u own te E sys if i understand the notice correctly. :)

i also dun have any OM lens but will still go collect. in fact i have mentioned that in my application & they still send it to me. so i guess its ok as long as u own an E sys. :)

apex said:
Haha got that letter but I dun own OM Lens means cannot collect =(

I think OM mount lenses also can... give a try :devil: no harm in trying :thumbsup:

probably not. cos for those who have recv the notice, their names has been registered. Oly only has limited no. of adaptors, unless someone didn't claim it, otherwise, there's no spare.

NMSS_2 said:
no letter or OM lens can go down?

Go and try, who knows if they have extra stock than the "100" pieces they claimed to be giving for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.