Improving the Bokeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychobiologist

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
been experimenting with this

slapping a close up filter, i.e. +2/+4 onto a wide angle lens to shoot subjects, the bokeh is good in my opinion

hoping to refine and develop this cheapo method to get better bokeh in portraiture/still life, albeit closer to the rangefinder output with fast wide primes..

opinions anyone?

But you can only focus on objects close to the lens, so not very usable for portrait (focusing distance of +2 is only 50cm with the lens set to infinity)...also, how about the distortion caused by wide angle lense on your portrait subject?

Any pictures to share, since you said you have been experimenting?

But you can only focus on objects close to the lens, so not very usable for portrait (focusing distance of +2 is only 50cm with the lens set to infinity)...also, how about the distortion caused by wide angle lense on your portrait subject?

Any pictures to share, since you said you have been experimenting?
i'm at work now.. dont have sample pictures with me. will upload some tonight

u probably are increasing the "quantity" rather than the quality of bokeh, adding a close-up filter make u able to focus much closer thus resulting in more area being OOF(bokeh) just like why only a very small portion is sharp when macro lens is used for close-up.
having said that, all u need is a wide angle lens that is capable of focusing subject that are very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.