Impossible is Nothing

YiyUuuu

Nov 29, 2010
DSC_0068.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Seeking some comments on the composition and the technique.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Wanting to use Nature to give inspiration. In this case. The left formation is that of the adidas logo. Hence the title Impossible is Nothing.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This shot was taken at the Railway track under a gloomy sky.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think its a not a bad job. But of cos i am still new and therefore seeking comments on how i can improve my shots and photoshop techniques.

to me... it doesn't convey the message of impossible is nothing. because the leaves' arrangement can also represent other symbols. like the scouts.

all i see are 3 leaves on the track.

it seems more like a point-and-shoot type of shot where not much though was placed into taking the picture, other than "hey this is cool, leaves in the shape of the Adidas logo".

the slogan aside, i would have preferred a framing of sorts. shoot straight down at the leaves, use the stone ledges and rail at the sides to frame the leaves.

I find the framing a bit too weird. like lopsided to the left. also, the railway hooks very distracting.

find the picture not uniform enough. and the leaf colour a bit too saturated till it looks unatural to me.

think will be nice if you can shoot it straight down or right infront of the leaves with angle almost parallel to the rail, make it look like very big.

Being an Adidas fan(Nice Tribute btw..:cool:), I can relate to what you are trying to convey here.. But this may not speak to everyone.

May be a closer crop without the railway tracks and only the stones may work?? Just a thought....

Keep shooting :)