important, pls read

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
last night, i used the deep recondition function of maha mh801d on 8 pieces of sanyo 2300mah rechargable batteries.

this morning, the batteries' skin were peeled backwards, they were stuck to the charger.

i used a screw driver to pry out the batteries. the charger's plastic batter compartment were all deformed.

luckily, the batteries and charger didnt explode in the middle of the night.

pls note.

i am not saying sanyo batteries or maha charger are bad.

i think this can easily happen to other brand too.

just be careful the next time you charge your batteries.

Maybe we should leave a small air gap below the battery when placing the battery into the charger? That should provide a better air circulation. Both the charger and battery get very hot while discharging and charging action.

Maybe we should leave a small air gap below the battery when placing the battery into the charger? That should provide a better air circulation. Both the charger and battery get very hot while discharging and charging action.

the product designer should have already taken the heat exchange into consideration. btw, the charging took place in an air-cond room.

my guess is, either something wrong with battery or charger's control circuit.

Then the thermal sensor (if any) won't know if it's getting too hot.

Just one query. Did you leave the cover open or close it?

Sanyo's are notoriously HOT in operation... :sweat:

maybe shouldn't leave the bats to charge overnite. i use a panasonic charger that charges in 2 hrs and GP bats that are pretty lasting. buy the new GP bats they last long(the green ones.)

According to a staff at Eastgear, it is not advisable to perform deep conditioning with 8 batteries simultaneously. Do it 4 cells at a time, or else your charger can roast marshmallow. ;)

Send your charger back to Eastgear for an exchange as it has a 3 years warranty.

Just one query. Did you leave the cover open or close it?

Sanyo's are notoriously HOT in operation... :sweat:

fyi, mh801d has got no cover.

maybe shouldn't leave the bats to charge overnite. i use a panasonic charger that charges in 2 hrs and GP bats that are pretty lasting. buy the new GP bats they last long(the green ones.)

deep recond. takes about 12hr. so you see, either i leave it overnight, at least i am around, though sleeping and can very well end up being bbq. or leave it alone at home when nobody is around (got to work mah).

hmm, a side qns, how old are the batteries? age ate into the sealing ? :think:

problem is, while we can keep track of the age of the batteries, we cant know when it will giveway. anyway, deep recond. suppose to be able to bring dead batteries back to life. so how to spot the tell tale sign?

According to a staff at Eastgear, it is not advisable to perform deep conditioning with 8 batteries simultaneously. Do it 4 cells at a time, or else your charger can roast marshmallow. ;)

Send your charger back to Eastgear for an exchange as it has a 3 years warranty.

alamak, too late, already throw away.

btw, this is not mentioned in the manual and east gear's staff didnt inform me.

alamak, too late, already throw away.

btw, this is not mentioned in the manual and east gear's staff didnt inform me.

Wah!!! Wasted.... :sweat:

Anyway, you'll have to ask the right person at Eastgear. Not all of their staff knows. Of course the operation manual will never tell you this, otherwise how are they going to sell you another charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.