Important notice for AA2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauLEE

Jun 8, 2003
North-East
Visit site
Dress code; strictly no t-shirt, no slipper, jean, shorts for trade days. you will be turned away. all camera and lens are ok.

lauLEE said:
Dress code; strictly no t-shirt, no slipper, jean, shorts for trade days. you will be turned away. all camera and lens are ok.

is it a must to produce name card? will they verify your name card with your IC?

Thanks

lauLEE said:

Hi there,
what are you guys talking about?What AA2004? :dunno: :think:

All Cam & Lens ok??? I thought there was a restriction on cameras??

You can bring cams in but if you want to visit the big aircraft area you have to deposit your camera in lockers provided before you board the bus to the restricted area.. non restricted area static display mostly commerical jets/ helicopters.. but got f15, f16 n Rafale oso la.. :D

Jer76 said:
You can bring cams in but if you want to visit the big aircraft area you have to deposit your camera in lockers provided before you board the bus to the restricted area.. non restricted area static display mostly commerical jets/ helicopters.. but got f15, f16 n Rafale oso la.. :D

I think this must be the only airshow in the world which makes you do that. That's just photo opportunities going to waste.

Jer76 said:

Like that also can har... ;(

how big is the lockers? And safe or not?

If whole of CS went, and they all deposited their cameras there, I hope they have heavily armed guards & Cat 1 security clearance with 24 hours survelliance cameras and fingerprint scanning system with SDU and commandoes standing nearby. :bsmilie:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Anybody going on the weekends?

teowws said:
Like that also can har... ;(

how big is the lockers? And safe or not?

or may be go in group....half of them carry the equipment and then other half go inside the restricted area....then after that swap... ;p

Wai said:
is it a must to produce name card? will they verify your name card with your IC?

Thanks
My experience yesterday:

1. It took more than an hour to get through the registration procedure. This is very unacceptable as this is not the first show. Hopefully the organiser will iron out this bottleneck! You need to show the registrar your I/C so that they can put the particulars to the Visitor Card (imprinted). After this, there is no more trouble with anyone.

2. The security is fantastic, very efficient ... no questions at all. Everything will be through.... black mama, white superlong, superbig L lens all oso can go through. So brudders, bring all you can. I don't see any security check on bags at all! No lockers, etc.. (this is my experience only .. no guarantee) I shot every planes and no one stopped me. So dont worry too much, just bring whatever lenses you want, but I recommend you wear smartly.

3. Foods and drink easily available ... quite reasonable. Coke: $2, sandwich $3, etc.

4. Weather si beh hot.... the best is to bring umbrella or wear hat (a must). Everyone becomes cooked lobsters/prawn/crabs.

5. Yesterday no crowd at all. Quite easy going. If you need to go today and tomorrow, buy the ticket at the entrance.... got 10% discount, better than Sistic. (my guess is that there are not enough buyers coz the show not so crowded).

6. No kid/children allowed. No jeans, no slippers, no bemuda. Today they may spotcheck ppl with yesterday's Visitor Pass (coz it's cost 50 bucks).

7. For flying shots, anything less than 200mm lens, don't waste time. The planes are just too far and too fast.

So enjoy yourself!

lauLEE said:
2. The security is fantastic, very efficient ... no questions at all. Everything will be through.... black mama, white superlong, superbig L lens all oso can go through. So brudders, bring all you can. I don't see any security check on bags at all! No lockers, etc.. (this is my experience only .. no guarantee) I shot every planes and no one stopped me. So dont worry too much, just bring whatever lenses you want, but I recommend you wear smartly.

err...u go in with a press pass or trader ticket?

lauLEE said:
3. Foods and drink easily available ... quite reasonable. Coke: $2, sandwich $3, etc.

Reasonable? Think i will jsut carry a 1.5L water bottle and have heavy breakfast first

btw, what time go in is the best?

Wai said:
Reasonable? Think i will jsut carry a 1.5L water bottle and have heavy breakfast first

btw, what time go in is the best?
i paid $50 for a trade pass, plus another $50 for a PA (hehe,... actually my son to carry my lenses). considering the millions $$$ of hardware on display, i think it was worth every cents.
The best time is to go there at 10am (registration may take sometime) so that you will not miss the air displays (starts at 11.30am sharp) and not so crowded. I think by 3pm you will be "knocked-out" by the weight of yr lens and heat.
No need to bring water bottle (too heavy), juz buy soft drinks from machines everywhere. I skipped my lunch (no appetide to eat) and have heavy dinner instead...haha.

Dont worry too much, juz go and shoot shoot shoot... better than paid models! Remember juz enjoy the show. Not many pretty models around, not like in the past a lot of sexi SPGs and beer drinking ... probably han chen bad.

Newbies will find this very interesting ... a lot of shots will turn out to be very under-exposed because of the very high contrast light/dark. Newbies are encouraged to go and try their lenses and P, M, Av, Tv. Good experience! A lot of tricky dimensions.

i was there too yesterday on trade pass.. no need queue up just walk straight in.. did i happen to see you lauLEE? got so many white lens yesterday.. rem ar taxi got $6 surcharge

Jer76 said:
i was there too yesterday on trade pass.. no need queue up just walk straight in.. did i happen to see you lauLEE? got so many white lens yesterday.. rem ar taxi got $6 surcharge
probably you went there early. I reached there at 11am and Q to get in at 12.30pm! Was too blur with the heat to notice anything else except the planes. Yes, there were many big White as well as Big black mamas.
BTW, your shots are very good.

hi guys
any idea where to park car if i were to drive there?
heard there is a designated car park and a shuttle bus to pick you from there
but cant seem to find more info on this

JZ

lhjz said:
hi guys
any idea where to park car if i were to drive there?
heard there is a designated car park and a shuttle bus to pick you from there
but cant seem to find more info on this

JZ

park at Expo and take special bus at $2-00. or go to loyang industrial park and park at JTC flatted factory at loyang ave and take No 9, 89, 19. Or go to most hotel at orcahrd rd and take their special bus. Taxi anywhere oso can but pay extra $6.

lauLEE said:
My experience yesterday:
7. For flying shots, anything less than 200mm lens, don't waste time. The planes are just too far and too fast.

So enjoy yourself!

For static displays of planes, I suspect it is better to have super wide angle lenses, am i right? :dunno:

no jeans, shorts, tee shirts? ARE YOU SURE!?

I have seen people in those for the past 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.