Important note when purchasing Nikon ML-L3 at some camera stores

Hazrizal

Feb 15, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hey guys. Just to give a heads up to those who intend to buy the ir remote ML-L3. A lot of shops are gouging consumers as there is an apparent shortage of this remote.

I went around Sim Lim and a few shops quoted $35 for it. This is just crap as Nikon's RRP is $18! One uncle even rudely and bluntly told me to go to Nikon if I wanted it at that price!

So I called the Nikon service center at the Fuji Xerox tower and they said they had it in stock.

In the end I went there to buy it and saved $17.

I think $17 is quite a bit of money for a lot of people and its unacceptable for some shops to unscrupulously overcharge unsuspecting customers.

This is considering that the shops probably get it at $10 and mark up to 350%!!!

Link: http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=1011-5e393cb0a2

Cheers
Haz

Hi,

Can this remote controller be used on D7000?
Thks

Hey guys. Just to give a heads up to those who intend to buy the ir remote ML-L3. A lot of shops are gouging consumers as there is an apparent shortage of this remote.

I went around Sim Lim and a few shops quoted $35 for it. This is just crap as Nikon's RRP is $18! One uncle even rudely and bluntly told me to go to Nikon if I wanted it at that price!

So I called the Nikon service center at the Fuji Xerox tower and they said they had it in stock.

I think $17 is quite a bit of money for a lot of people and its unacceptable for some shops to unscrupulously overcharge unsuspecting customers.

This is considering that the shops probably get it at $10 and mark up to 350%!!!

Cheers
Haz

Cheers
Haz

it's not only the remote that they jack up prices in hopes of chopping customers. filters, tripods, batteries, flashes, even camera bodies and lenses. it's good that you did your homework first before going down to those shops :thumbsup:

Cheers
Haz

which shop? u should know by now most shops there like to chop customers.

Just go to the shops you trust. I recently got it for a friend for a good price. About 3 weeks ago.

I bought one for $16 today, cash. You can bargain at many shops other than perhaps Challenger.

thanks for the heads up!

well i bought my at funan bally at 15. however may required u to do some tricks.
ask for price leave then they will quote u a lesser price. then be4 u go out they will say $15 take it or leave it

I bought one a month ago, at Funan, for $14.

Bought at Funan SLR Revo 2 months back...only $13 :thumbsup:

the title doesnt sound right :bsmilie:

firstly, i tot that the remote will explode or wat sia..
@_@"

if you don't mind third party IR remote.

you can get it at $10 ;)

well i bought my at funan bally at 15. however may required u to do some tricks.
ask for price leave then they will quote u a lesser price. then be4 u go out they will say $15 take it or leave it

bally... heh

...I went around Sim Lim and a few shops quoted $35 for it. This is just crap as Nikon's RRP is $18! One uncle even rudely and bluntly told me to go to Nikon if I wanted it at that price!

There was this time when that was almost out of stock island wide, I went to Funan and saw one on display in one of those small shops. I asked them how much are they selling and they quoted me SGD$180!!! :thumbsd: The next question I asked them was "For 10 pieces ah?" and I walked away. :bsmilie:

I got from ebay for $13 (US$9.99) free postage. Received it in < 2 weeks from HK.

Original with packaging. It come with a little black cloth bag/cover

Hmmm... find some of the lens BNIB also very cheaper than here!.... ;)