Imedion Batteries Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazmee

May 9, 2004
Sengkang
noorhazmee.com
To all battery experts:

I am having a very rare issue with my 8 Maha Imedion batteries. I use all 8 of them for my CP-E4 battery pack and it doesn't work. i.e. no light, nothing, nada...(I inserted batteries into my 580EX as well.) However, when I tested them just 4 of them on my 580EX II flash, it works just fine, therefore ruling out its possibility for being defective. I tested my CP-E4 with normal alkaline batteries and it seems to work just fine.

Is there a catch for this type of battery? The batteries are fully charged using the Maha Powerex MH-C800S Eight Cell Smart Charger. Please advice. Thanks!

Cheers

Did you check the orientation correctly? Negative to negative, positive to positive, for all batteries? Sounds like a silly question, but no harm inserting and checking again.

Did you check the orientation correctly? Negative to negative, positive to positive, for all batteries? Sounds like a silly question, but no harm inserting and checking again.
Yes boss... I checked and rechecked. :)

Did you insert another 4 batts in your flash and switch it on? It won't work without another 4 batts in the flash.

Wah jialat... cannot man. I bought them for work and only work. LOL! Yes they work normally when not used 8 at a time. Sigh...

wow, that is really weird..

as in, jsut to check if they work with other devices using aa batteries.

best if you have a single aa powered torchlight, maybe the fault lies with one single battery, who knows

wow, that is really weird..

as in, jsut to check if they work with other devices using aa batteries.

best if you have a single aa powered torchlight, maybe the fault lies with one single battery, who knows
I'll further investigate it tonight...

Yes, very weird indeed. Yes, please check individually all 8 batteries. Maybe there's one black sheep there.

might be capacity problem, take note of the torchlight (if you have one) brightness when you insert, assuming all are fully charged or equally charged

anyways, do let us know. :)

A reason I can think of is the maha battery does not fit properly to the contacts points. Batteries with thicker plastic encase wrapping may not have touched the contact points when cover is closed.

Pls check on the minimum require voltage that your CP-E4 battery pack required. Rechargeable batt is 1.2V normal batt is 1.5V.

Maybe you can check on length of your Imedions. I've a few which are shorty... have difficulty being detected by a Maha MH-C808M Ultimate Professional Charger. ;)

dear hazmee

imedion will run into such problem easily, cause the positive tip of this battery is slightly shorter than other battery. super high chances 99% that the battery contact is not touching the battery inside your battery pact.

if your battery pact inside, the positive contact are slight recess type, u may need to pull it out abit (if possible)

Is your flash suppose to work on 4X1.2 volts or 4X1.5 volts?

Is your flash suppose to work on 4X1.2 volts or 4X1.5 volts?

Hi,

I think his flash works OK. Just the external pack that has this problem. If the positive contact cannot be pulled out, maybe can get someone to carefully solder a little bit of solder onto the battery contact that is too short?

God Bless

Okay, I did'nt read the opening thread carefully. agws1970, thank you for the clarification.

Thank you to all that chipped in. You guys were spot on about the battery being slightly shorter. Yes I can confirm that all my Imedions plus tip are about 0.5mm shorter than normal batteries hence the CP-E4 not functioning properly. Such a strange problem.

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.