Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
hi guys,

i am thinking of buying another thumbdrive... most likely 1 Gb...

at comex, Imation seems not bad... got sandisk too..

or would it be better to buy a 1 Gb SD card, so i can use it as a storage device and also can use on my cam... which is better ??

anyone got any comment on the Imation thumbdrive or any brand SD card , or anyone care to recommand me one ??

thanks..

tat depends lah, if you use from PC to PC more often, den a thumbdrive, if you use more of your camera, den a SD card.. cos if you buy SD card, still need a reader for PC, more bulky.

am using the imation 256MB thumbdrive .... so far so good ..anyway mostly for office work and transferring of files from home PC to office PC .. quite handy and always carry with me .. i tied it to my key chain ..:)

Buy the SD card and get one of those readers that look like a thumbdrive which you can slot in your SD card.
My friend bought those 2 things yesterday at Comex.
Can't recall the brand nor the exact price but I'm pretty sure he said the price was somewhere under $30.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tat depends lah, if you use from PC to PC more often, den a thumbdrive, if you use more of your camera, den a SD card.. cos if you buy SD card, still need a reader for PC, more bulky.

haha... forgot to include, i already got a reader cum writer liao.. only 15.90

can use with SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS-MMC/T-Flash.. its is very small so bot bulky...

:bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
am using the imation 256MB thumbdrive .... so far so good ..anyway mostly for office work and transferring of files from home PC to office PC .. quite handy and always carry with me .. i tied it to my key chain ..:)

hmmm... since KNIGHT ONG "highly" praising imation, guess... i .... will go check it out again tomolo...

:bsmilie:

Nothing beats Sandisk, in my opinion.;p

i got the imation thumbdrive..at comex~ dunno how much, cos its a gift. but its really small and got the keychain too. so u can like hook it to ur bunch of keys and bring it everywhere u go.

imation thumbdrive seems to have the erase-lock-function..very nifty

sandisk or imation..both are useable.

in fact any thumbdrive is more or less ok one. lol

Canew said:
lil_princess,

How was Apple's business today?

Abit OT right? ;)

It was good lah, what you expect from Apple right?
I managed to hit my target. Thank God. And thank AhV too. He knows why. *grins*
The weekend staff (those that didnt work for the 1st 2days) were freaking aggressive and kept on stealing away our customers. WTF.
I still cant imagine how tomorrow will be. Last day. Sure alot of people trooping in. :confused:

lil_princess said:
Abit OT right? ;)

It was good lah, what you expect from Apple right?
I managed to hit my target. Thank God. And thank AhV too. He knows why. *grins*
The weekend staff (those that didnt work for the 1st 2days) were freaking aggressive and kept on stealing away our customers. WTF.
I still cant imagine how tomorrow will be. Last day. Sure alot of people trooping in. :confused:

oi... OT leh..:nono:

haha...:bsmilie:

glad u hit ur target... jus relax now loh.. how to find u ???

guess so many pple say imation is ok then i think i will get 1 Gb... hope still have.. hehe...

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

I've been using the 512MB one for the past 1 year ... given the design, it's definitely worth the premium!
;)

roger that, Adam...!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been using Trek thumbdrives for few years, fast and good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS: ThumbDrive is a registered trademark of Trek...it should be labelled as USB drive/ USB flash drive for other brands...:)

+evenstar said:
ThumbDrive is a registered trademark of Trek...it should be labelled as USB drive/ USB flash drive for other brands...

+evenstar,

Ooohhhh. Thanks, +evenstar for the info. :)

And apologies for my OT yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.