Images of Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beserk

Jul 14, 2005
Tampines
www.flickr.com
Some shots of mine taken over various trips. C & C welcome.

_DSC0131.jpg

_DSC0139.jpg

_DSC0338.jpg

_DSC0331.jpg

_DSC0335.jpg

Nice collection of images you got!
Really muz make time to go punggol for shooting 1 day

Nice series!

woooo rocks galore. i'm going to punggol again later

intially i was like wth, all rocks
lucky later on got other things :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

while there are some very nice captures of rocks, the foreground is quite outstanding in some cases, you seem to have neglected the background for those shots, which is sad, and a let down

also for pictures like #10 (zoosh take note, if you see this, this is another example where gnd won't really work), hdr would have been better, i find myself wishing to see the details of the rocks further away, because look very unnatural, some got details some don't have, then the shift is very abrupt, and weird

i find myself enjoying the treatment in #17, although you should correcth the smudge caused by dust in the middle top part of picture in the water

#20 and #23 are very good too, i wish i had the courage to bash through the foilage to take the drain, looks very interesting

very good effort, i hope more people shoot punggol (and practise the only leave footprints rule) before it becomes overdeveloped

very rustic place becoming a fast favourite of mine, albeit possibly too late =(

intially i was like wth, all rocks
lucky later on got other things :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

while there are some very nice captures of rocks, the foreground is quite outstanding in some cases, you seem to have neglected the background for those shots, which is sad, and a let down

also for pictures like #10 (zoosh take note, if you see this, this is another example where gnd won't really work), hdr would have been better, i find myself wishing to see the details of the rocks further away, because look very unnatural, some got details some don't have, then the shift is very abrupt, and weird

i find myself enjoying the treatment in #17, although you should correcth the smudge caused by dust in the middle top part of picture in the water

#20 and #23 are very good too, i wish i had the courage to bash through the foilage to take the drain, looks very interesting

very good effort, i hope more people shoot punggol (and practise the only leave footprints rule) before it becomes overdeveloped

very rustic place becoming a fast favourite of mine, albeit possibly too late =(

Many thks for the constructive C&C, night86mare. Will bear in mind your advice if I am to improve.:D

pardon me new newbie here

Questions:

how do i go there? sorry i stay in the west.... dun really dwell in the northern part
how do i make the soft water effect? long shutter speed? wouldn't it over expose?

very nice series.. i love it :heart:

Nice series Berserk! I had a similar idea with #16, but I would say you managed to capture the colour of the sky much better then me.

Personally, I like the gritty feeling of the drain shots.

Questions:

how do i go there? sorry i stay in the west.... dun really dwell in the northern part
how do i make the soft water effect? long shutter speed? wouldn't it over expose?

To icube> Check out this sticky on shooting in Punggol
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=262904

One way to prevent overexposure with long shutter speed is to use a ND filter.

Questions:

Thks for enjoying the pics. As for your questions, ahbian has already kindly answered that. Happy shooting there.:)
Also thks to ahbian as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.