Image Stabilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxboxX

Dec 26, 2006
Hi all,

May i know image stabilization function is it very important for taking photo.

Currently looking for 2 model but one of it which i more prefer is with no image stabilization.
Will it affect or no much diff?

Pls help? :dunno:

its a bonus if you have one. it serves well if you have to shoot either in low light condition and ur hands is slightly shaky and u need a tiny bit of help. BTW, u refering to camera and not lens right?

Nothing beats a tripod for stabilisation. :bsmilie:

that is if you like to lug in around and setup for your shoots. ;)

Yes it a bonus like they said , i have tis handshake problem at 1st and my cam has no I-S thingy , but i have already slove those problem after taking adivse from the pro here ;) read my post , u will get the answer u need :D

its a bonus if you have one. it serves well if you have to shoot either in low light condition and ur hands is slightly shaky and u need a tiny bit of help. BTW, u refering to camera and not lens right?

Spec say its is lens...

Btw the two camera are A710 and A640...

Yes it a bonus like they said , i have tis handshake problem at 1st and my cam has no I-S thingy , but i have already slove those problem after taking adivse from the pro here ;) read my post , u will get the answer u need :D

Thanks...

Actually i try the A710 and A640. IS is more fr zooming purpose., other then normal shot should be no prob...
Correct me if i was wrong...

Thanks...

Actually i try the A710 and A640. IS is more fr zooming purpose., other then normal shot should be no prob...
Correct me if i was wrong...

yeah, its more needed for tele shots w/ slow shutter. i guess normal would be wide? wider shots does not require a very fast shutter.

In my opinion, IS is very important for a P&S because the sensors are small and high ISOs such as 800 or 1600 are quite unusable. Thus, to use ISO 400 and below, you will need IS, especially indoors. Most built in flashes are also quite weak and thus can't help you capture much night scenes as well.

I know we used to live without IS in our cameras, but since we have the technology, might as well make full use of it.

Thanks all for your pro reply!!!

Now have more clearer picture of IS.....

:D :D :D :D :D

Plus there's a distinction between the 'real' or mechanical IS systems and the 'digital' IS (in my opinion, 'fake' IS). The mechanical ones like Sony's SSS and Pany's OIS use actuator motors to displace the CCD sensor very quickly to compensate for the shake of the camera body. But the 'digital' (sometimes this is in the small print!) IS is just a trick of upping the ISO and doing some fancy image processing to make the high ISO shot acceptable. Buyer be advised.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a mechanical engineer...

Status
Not open for further replies.