Image Size of DSLR vs SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yildun

Aug 2, 2004
Singapore, Central
I'm new to this forum so maybe someone had asked similar questions regarding this. Perhaps someone could direct me to an existing thread.

I'm confused about how the croping factor can make a difference to the image sizes or prints of a DSLR and a SLR.

Let's say we have two cameras of the same built, one digital SLR and one film SLR (e.g. EOS300D vs EOS300)

The two cameras each has a EF300mm lens fixed on and shoot at the same object from the same position with all the same settings (same shutter speed, same aperture). Will there be any differences in the TTL metering for both SLRs?

When I send the negative and the memory card to a lab and request for 8R prints, will I get exactly the same print for both? Where does the cropping factor come in here?

What would be the differences if I use a EFS lens at 300mm on the DSLR instead?

Thanks

Which means to say its a waste of money to buy a wide-angle lens and mount it on a DSLR right?

And the 8R image from the DSLR@300mm will be larger than that from the SLR. Will image quality be the same for the DSLR @ 300/1.6=187.5mm and the SLR @ 300mm? (The object will be the same size right)

one thing to get right 1st.Canon only produced one EFS len so far. So in a Canon EF 300mm len(Canon has no EFS len of that range.. well at least not yet maybe.)It will become a 420mm length.

let say we setup both DSLR and SLR on the same spot shooting the same thing, the subject will appear bigger in the DSLR's viewfinder.

if both are print out on 8R WITHOUT any modification, yes the image will appear bigger in the DSLR.

No it not a waste to get a WA for a DSLR. It boil down to what the user need.

Status
Not open for further replies.