Image quality from different dslr body

canon550d

Dec 4, 2011
If i use the same lens and set the same setting on a canon 550d and canon 5d2, would there be any difference in the picture quality (noise, sharpness, contrast etc).

Eg: ef17-40, iso100, f8, 3sec exposure for a landscape shot.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

If i use the same lens and set the same setting on a canon 550d and canon 5d2, would there be any difference in the picture quality (noise, sharpness, contrast etc).

of course. sensor size different.

canon550d said:

Aside from the obvious perspective difference, of course. See any review site like dpreview to compare.

Rashkae said:
Aside from the obvious perspective difference, of course. See any review site like dpreview to compare.

You might not see differences in sharpness or contrast, but in perspective and noise control

[video=youtube;hk5IMmEDWH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk5IMmEDWH4[/video]

enjoy the video!

I would wager at web size you won't tell a difference.

At larger sizes, maybe... But for most people's printing sizes and display sizes, they would never notice. If you pixel peep, or happen to be a professional photographer who is shooting for clients who demand a certain resolution, then perhaps 5D Mark II might have a slight edge.

The above applies for low ISOs. For high ISOs of course FF will always win anyday with present technology.

certainty there will be a differences.
But can I put it differently such as how to obtain the same images with a different body but same lens. ( some setting is different such as iso but some is the same such as f stop).

You guys are the best sifus. Great thanks to Shizuma for the video.