Image Phenomena Due to CCD Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorrus

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
From: http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=image-phenomena_notice

Thank you for using Canon products.

A problem has been discovered in some of the CCDs used in Canon digital camera and digital video camera products that causes images to appear distorted or not to appear at all. We apologize for the considerable inconvenience this represents for our customers. Along with our respectful apology, we would like to advise our customers of the details of this issue and our policy for handling it, which are as follows.

Affected Models
The CCDs in question are used in the following models.

Digital Cameras
PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A300, PowerShot A310, Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS IIs

Digital Video Cameras
MV600i, MV630i, MV650i, MV700i, MV730i, MV750i, MV5i, MV5i MC, MV6i MC
ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, Elura 40 MC, Elura 50

The Malfunction
Among the CCDs used in the affected products listed above, it has been confirmed that, especially under high-temperature/high-humidity environments, the internal wiring may come undone in some places.

If this defect occurs, the signal is not output from the CCD correctly when in shooting mode, which results in symptoms like the following in captured images. These symptoms can be confirmed on the LCD monitor. The same symptoms may also occur in recorded images.
• Images do not appear
• Images appear distorted

Canon’s Response
With apologies for the inconvenience involved, we ask that users who have confirmed these symptoms contact the nearest Canon Service Center. Free repairs will be made for affected products in cases where it has been confirmed that the internal CCD wiring has come undone in some places.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We strive to make even greater efforts in our quality control to provide products that our customers can use with confidence. We hope that these efforts will earn your continued patronage.

Canon Service Centre

Singapore
Canon Singapore Pte Ltd
Customer Service and Repair Centre
1 HarbourFront Ave
#04-01 Keppel Bay Tower
Singapore 098632
Operating hours:
Mondays to Fridays, 8.30 am to 5.30pm
Open till 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Tel: 6799 8888

Status