Image manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboy

Feb 14, 2005
Sometime I wonder if someone which are good enough in image editing can actually take part of a image element such as sun/tree and maybe another scene from another image to put them together, edit it/apply special effect and create a award winning photograph. Nowaday, even photograph do not tell the true story all the time and can no longer be trusted 100%.

You can claim the photograph is your since noone have the same image as yours too.

a qns on image manipulation from a person whose nick is the same as a 'famous' website.... :think:

You can build a library and sell stock photography. Faster that way too @@ no need to spend $ on equipments, travel etc.

sammyboy, you are in the right place,
you need to improve the pictures on your site.
This is the place to learn.

Maybe u got the wrong guy...web site? do I have one? maybe I do and maybe not.

ortega said:
sammyboy, you are in the right place,
you need to improve the pictures on your site.
This is the place to learn.

sammyboy said:
Sometime I wonder if someone which are good enough in image editing can actually take part of a image element such as sun/tree and maybe another scene from another image to put them together, edit it/apply special effect and create a award winning photograph. Nowaday, even photograph do not tell the true story all the time and can no longer be trusted 100%.

You can claim the photograph is your since noone have the same image as yours too.

Before the advent of digital process, there was (still is!) an exceptional photographer by the name of Jerry Uelsmann who does exactly the things that you mentioned, only in black & white. Many had followed, but none has equalled the master. But the bits and pieces are his own.

Today, the process is even simpler with the digital process.

Yes, James (Clown) can do that, I've seen a shot whereby he imposed sun + sunlight rays against a silohuette couple that was surrounded by leaves/branches. And of course he removed the leaves/branches.

Atleast Jerry Uelsmann is a photographer. We just need a young punk to take image here and there with good image manipulation skill to create "his own". He can also call himself photographer, submit to competition since noone will know or tell the difference.

student said:
Before the advent of digital process, there was (still is!) an exceptional photographer by the name of Jerry Uelsmann who does exactly the things that you mentioned, only in black & white. Many had followed, but none has equalled the master. But the bits and pieces are his own.

Today, the process is even simpler with the digital process.

Before:
"Oh, nice photograph".
"Thank You".
"You must have a good camera".
(Maybe I lend you my camera so you can shoot nice photograph?)

After:
"Oh, nice photograph".
"Thank You".
"You must have a good camera".
"No, what is a camera? I dun have one".

(Just for laugh)

haha....

alot of DI's i know can do practically anything u want to an image as long as all the elements are ready .... i.e another shot of a tree u wanna put in etc...

so y not....

cheers...

sammyboy said:

I think these days many competitons have a separate category for digital manipulated images.

I find the awarding winning entries have more emotive content which it would be near impossible for digital enhancement to achieve. PS could only add visual effect.

The manipulation can be so good that you cant tell a manipulated one from non-manipulated one. Well, an interesting future esp. software and hardware are getting more sophisicated.

There are so many portrait pictures posted here and sometime picture A is better then picture B simply because he can better PS then the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.