imac vs pc graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
its more of the driver that's behind the porshe or the ferrari. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: if u know what u r doing & how to do it, no diff between the 2 platforms.

I have both Mac and PC at home. The thing is that... I tends to use the Mac more than the PC... the ratio is like 9:1..

Just feel great using the Mac... The biggest turnoff of the PC... it takes about 3-4 mins to boot up on my PC... but it takes no more than 30secs on the Mac...

BC;)

You cannot say like that leh. My PC boots up also less then 30 sec.

You cannot say like that leh. My PC boots up also less then 30 sec.

he obviously haven't used a G3 imac (those colourful egg shape CRT) with 256MB RAM booting OS X & running apps. :sweat: :bsmilie:

You mean you actually switch off your PC? :bsmilie:
you should switch of your comp when not in use...save the environment, stop wasting power...even Macs use power when sleeping :nono:

For every PC that boots up in less than 30 sec, there are 10 macs that do the same.

so the statistic of finding more PC users than mac was wrong? :confused: which means there must be 95% of computers running mac... hhmmm.... i belong to the minority. :sweat:

hi xiaomiaowang, have u experienced longer than 30s booting times for mac? well, i have. when the mac is filled with stuff & old deleted stuffs, it slows down. why? when a software is installed, some kext r put inside (that's the main reason why u need to enter password besides having the administrator acct), so everytime u trsh the app, those kext dun go away. clearing those things is not for the non techie, very complex... :sweat: need to reset permission & things like that. i think there has to be some sweeper software that can keep the mac lean & speedy, if u know do share ya? :D

edited:
correction: u need the admin acct to allow the installation of those extensions.

so the statistic of finding more PC users than mac was wrong? :confused: which means there must be 95% of computers running mac... hhmmm.... i belong to the minority. :sweat:

hi xiaomiaowang, have u experienced longer than 30s booting times for mac? well, i have. when the mac is filled with stuff & old deleted stuffs, it slows down. why? when a software is installed, some kext r put inside (that's the main reason why u need to enter password besides having the administrator acct), so everytime u trsh the app, those kext dun go away. clearing those things is not for the non techie, very complex... :sweat: need to reset permission & things like that. i think there has to be some sweeper software that can keep the mac lean & speedy, if u know do share ya? :D

edited:
correction: u need the admin acct to allow the installation of those extensions.

well this is getting OT!

yea my school's powermacs encounter the same problem.

But we do disk fragmentation regularly to keep things going as fast as possible. =D And remote desktop works wonders in deleting those annoying games, videos or pictures my peers download from the net.

For us though, we all know the admin password, so things are fine for us anyway.

No lah. What I said was not meant to be passed off as a statistic, its just a figure of speech. With numbers in it LOL.

Well of course you can say there's an alternative for Windows (yea of course, like they are DOZENS) but I just find the Mac variant easier to use.

Please lah. We are ALL above the PC vs Mac debate right?

*Hi, I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC!"

LOL. Speaking of which, here is a good reason why PCs and Macs should co-exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.