imac or mac book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Planning to buy 1, shd be mac book.
sitex will offer better or straight goes to apple online and buy?

no money lah, mac book affordable.

There's only one differentiating factor for me.

Portability.

Look at your current working habits. Do you move your computer around often? That should give you an answer on which one to buy.

Personally I think iMac is very good value for money.

There's really no difference from getting from Sitex than from Apple online store.
While you're on Apple online store. Look at the refurbished Macs too. Good value also.

There's only one differentiating factor for me.

Portability.

Look at your current working habits. Do you move your computer around often? That should give you an answer on which one to buy.

Personally I think iMac is very good value for money.

There's really no difference from getting from Sitex than from Apple online store.
While you're on Apple online store. Look at the refurbished Macs too. Good value also.

okay will do thks.refurbished macs.....

apple, singapore store is list price

it is possible to get it cheaper,
or the same price with more ram

you get what i mean?

An iMac is obviously a better value but it's limited in its portability. The latest MacBook with the Santa Rosa chipset is more powerful and a better deal than the older one.

I'm not sure about doing any photo editing since the glossy display really distorts reality but for watching movies and playing games, either should be good.

Refurbs from Apple are great. :)

Just call up apple singapore, was told that i can install window xp on a mac, i am very surprise, first time hear it. He say owning 2 worlds in one.

Now, can someone tell me is it good, that letting 2 different os running like that?

also, i am opting a 24mths citibank plan, so shd i can a mac pro?

What's the different between a mac book and mac pro? The specs like almost same to me, as i know nuts abt it. Thks in advance.

Regards
David

Just call up apple singapore, was told that i can install window xp on a mac, i am very surprise, first time hear it. He say owning 2 worlds in one.

Now, can someone tell me is it good, that letting 2 different os running like that?

What's the different between a mac book and mac pro? The specs like almost same to me, as i know nuts abt it. Thks in advance.

Regards
David

Very long can run both OS

Regards
David

Here's a rough guide - http://guides.macrumors.com/Buying_a_MacBook_versus_MacBook_Pro

Regards
David

David,

The Mac Pro is certainly a more powerful machine than the Macbook Pro, but is a hefty desktop. Of you need portability, the MBP will be a good bet.

I personally use the MBP. I use it at work too, and when i am home, i hook it up to the external monitor for bigger screen estate, esp for photo editing.

My wife thinks that by having laptops, it also saves alot of space at home and we can use a comp anywhere in the house.

And yes, you can install Windows and run it natively in your intel Mac, and it runs like any pc.

If you wanna try it out, give me a shout lor. :)

Regards
David

The Mac Pro is of a whole different class, dude.
It's a desktop with 4 processing cores, capable of going up to 3000gb and 16gb of ram. And the ram is very expensive at $300 for 1gb if I remember correctly.

The Macbook Pro is a portable laptop with 2 processing cores, capable of going up to 4gb ram only. 1gb ram is about $130 nowadays.

If you're doing very intensive work, go for the "pro" series.

If not, just the Macbook will do, but the screen is only 13". But you can hook up an external monitor

Thks alot for all the help, i will settle on mac book pro, and buy oem xp to install. I am still having some software that needs xp, else need to waste $$$ buy mac version, where got so much $$$....:cry:

Just incase i make mistake, my CS2 window version can install in the mac after i install xp rite? :think:

So excited to own it!!! Lucky my wife agreed also....yup save space and can bring out for shoot some more for phase one. :bsmilie: Good for another 3 years. 1 machine kills 2 birds.

Thks alot guys.

I'm into shipping Mac into Singapore.
You can PM me for a quote on your MBP.
Guaranteed to be a good bargain for you.

:cool:

ever try to see the price at the mac authorised seller?? As all macs are quoted at standard price, those authorised seller tends to bundle in a lot of goodies.... there is one time i saw one shop selling macbook at the standard price but they bundled in free upgrade to 2gb ram.

Just look around... there is one in IMM, one in Cineleisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.