imac for lightroom

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Is the imac core i5 good enough for lightroom?

Is the imac core i5 good enough for lightroom?

Quad Core or Duo Core? I am using iMac i7 Quad core, runs quite smooth. Though occasionally slow in rendering the previews. however, I have to add that I may not be using it efficiently as my library runs into 20k shots. (Juliene Kost kept saying there is no reason to keep multiple library, hence i only use 1 for my entire collection). It wasn't like that. I was migrating my library from iPhoto, and when the library was still small, there wasn't any slow rendering detected. It also did not happen when I was doing the trial.

hope that helped. I do think it will work fine on i5, Quad core nonetheless.

oh ya, that reminds me, yes, I upgraded the ram too. thanks for reminder.

Thinking of getting the latest imac to replace my pc desktop.

It will be more than sufficient.

I am still using the older C2D processor iMac and it works remarkly well.

Not the fastest machine but no complaint for a couple thousands of images per week.

As others has mentioned, just max out the RAM and you will be good.

Regards,

Hart

my imac from 3y ago has no problem at all with LR. additional RAM however helps.

Thanks.
Seems that I should just get the 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 rather than the 2.8GHz Intel Core i5, and use the $400 savings to buy extra RAM.

Quad Core or Duo Core? I am using iMac i7 Quad core, runs quite smooth. Though occasionally slow in rendering the previews. however, I have to add that I may not be using it efficiently as my library runs into 20k shots. (Juliene Kost kept saying there is no reason to keep multiple library, hence i only use 1 for my entire collection). It wasn't like that. I was migrating my library from iPhoto, and when the library was still small, there wasn't any slow rendering detected. It also did not happen when I was doing the trial.

hope that helped. I do think it will work fine on i5, Quad core nonetheless.

I don't think there is a quad core version of i5 for laptops.