im stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mybumisaw

:dunno: please could anyboby help, im new to digital photography and computing and reall enjoying it but, when i try to transfer photos from my olympus camedia c-350z to my computer an error report keeps coming up saying device not ready i've tried everything i can think of but still cant transfer images please can anyboby help , before i pull all my hair out, thanks mybumisaw

Can give us step by step of how you connect yr camera to pc

and what OS you are using etc?

Check if you have installed all the necesary drivers and software. Without the drivers, you can't talk to the camera.
Check if you turned on your camera after connecting the camera to the computer. :think:

If the problem still persist, then get card reader. ;p

:dunno: hi again thanks for your answers to my problem, my camera is connected to the computer via the usual usb connection i attach the camera, switch it on, camedia then starts up, click on transfer images from camera, then the problem occurs. all drivers have been installed and updated from the net but still no joy. will getting a card reader stop all these problems?

mybumisaw said:
:dunno: hi again thanks for your answers to my problem, my camera is connected to the computer via the usual usb connection i attach the camera, switch it on, camedia then starts up, click on transfer images from camera, then the problem occurs. all drivers have been installed and updated from the net but still no joy. will getting a card reader stop all these problems?

Yes a card reader is better alternate choice however it is not cheap to get a xD card reader ...

before you get the card reader , y not do these :
- test on a alternate PC
- is ur USB driver updated ?
- call Olympus support

:bsmilie: thanks for all your help, i tried all your tips but no joy, so then i phoned olympus support AGAIN and discovered the problem....... i had installed a free kodak easy share cd rom just before all my problems started, uninstalled kodak and hooray it s all fixed...... stupid me . thanks you all again mybumisaw

Status
Not open for further replies.