Im so Confuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i will wait for D90...D200 is a good camera ...but lack of anti dust...live view....etc...hopefully the D90 can built with alloy body..haha...i like alloy body..but D300 is too expensive since im a newbie....is it alloy body important???thx

Why bother waiting? Just buy the D3, confirm your pictures will go WOW.

never make a decision in the state of confusion. :)

i think i will wait for D90...D200 is a good camera ...but lack of anti dust...live view....etc...hopefully the D90 can built with alloy body..haha...i like alloy body..but D300 is too expensive since im a newbie....is it alloy body important???thx

Anti-Dust is not a must, and no anti-dust will keep the sensor 100% clean. Send the camera for cleaning of the sensor every year or so if you can't seem to get the dust off the sensor using a blower. Larger particles can be seen at larger aperture, those should be easy to blow off, at smaller apertures the particles are more evident, and if you can't stand it, send it in. But with proper lens swapping techniques the sensor should stay relatively clean.

If you don't mind the D60's build then there's no need for a better body, unless you thrash your camera around, the D60 should hold up well.

thx so much...i knw D60 is well..but ppl said canon more lens to choose...but anyway...i take ur advice to learn manual focus....i will buy a 2nd hand prime lens to play....wht is the nikon prime len u recommend????????in my mind...i think i like to shoot landscape..street...buiding(old old one)...but most of the time i shoot now is portrait of ppl...as i do not hav more time to play camera....mostly i paly every saturday and sunday when im in church.....this is the reason i shoot potrait more..haha....

Canon has many more lenses and you should only change systems if you're sure you can afford all those lenses and/or really want them. People change systems because of a better body or specific lenses the other the current system don't have, or other reasons but since you've just started and don't even know what lens to buy then stick to nikon. Anyway a cheap prime is 50mm f1.8, if you have money get the 50mm f1.4 or 35mm f2, 85mm f1.8 or 1.4, etc. There's a wide range and if you don't mind manual focusing older nikon lenses can also be used. If you don't mind using sigma theres the 50mm f1.4 or 30mm f1.4, which AF on the D60.

As for your concern that the D200 doesn't have sensor-cleaning, don't let that worry you. If you change your lenses properly and quickly without leaving the low-pass filter open for seconds, dust rarely settles on it. I used my D50 for over 1.5 years with no noticeable dust on the sensor. When some dust did settle, i blasted off with a blower and the sensor was squeaky clean :)
So don't be swayed by 'extra perks' like sensor cleaning, unless you really clumsy :bsmilie:

thx so much...therefore since the dust is not a problem..the D80 can consider to change frm my D60...rite???or i just wait and stick with my D60 1st,and see the next model???another point is manual focus take long time to focus hor...hahaa

thx so much...therefore since the dust is not a problem..the D80 can consider to change frm my D60...rite???or i just wait and stick with my D60 1st,and see the next model???another point is manual focus take long time to focus hor...hahaa

i think you should just stick to your D60. else when you get a D80, you'll feel that it doesn't have this or that and you should upgrade again. manual focussing doesn't take very long, it just takes a bit of practice and you can do it quickly. not as fast as auto, but close enough. if you're taking travel photography it should be fine.

i think you should just stick to your D60. else when you get a D80, you'll feel that it doesn't have this or that and you should upgrade again. manual focussing doesn't take very long, it just takes a bit of practice and you can do it quickly. not as fast as auto, but close enough. if you're taking travel photography it should be fine.

hahaha....i think next model of D80 is my choice...anyway i will get a prime lens to learn..thx

Well manual focus isn't very difficult. It just takes 2seconds to get the distance right, then another 3seconds to finetune.

Since you are taking photos of landscapes/portraits, the scenery/person won't move right? It's not like in sports photography, where AF has got to be FAST.
Besides your D60 has an electronic rangefinder to help you in manual focusing.

What's wrong with using a manual focusing lens, when your objective is to get a good photo? Many people use old manual focusing prime lenses because they are excellent in terms of contrast and sharpness.

New cameras often come with many bells and whistles that you might not even need. Anti-dust is not dust-proof, if you keep changing lenses, dust will eventually creep on to your sensor, even if you have anti-dust. As for LiveView, unless it is really important to you, otherwise a dslr like D200 is great, even without LiveView.

use a tripod when doing MF, helps to keep the green dot at the bottom left hand corner stablise.
you should have do more homework about the MF issue with 50mm prime before you buy the d60.

Status
Not open for further replies.