im new

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallaskhl

Dec 14, 2009
hi guys. im new to in this field, and really want to learn more on fully use my camera
i have a Canon 450D Rebel XSI with kit lens 18-55mm
just a few question to start things out

1) what kind of pictures can a kit lens of mine take and what are its limits of a kit lens in terms of type of photos can be taken? as im interested in macro photos. so i believe a marcro lens is required? as i just gotten a +4 filter for my kit lens. is it sufficient

2) should i get a 50mm/ f1.8 to start out first?

sorry for the long winded questions. really have no idea of the accessories and all.

really appreciate all ur helps.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
hi guys. im new to in this field, and really want to learn more on fully use my camera
i have a Canon 450D Rebel XSI with kit lens 18-55mm
just a few question to start things out

1) what kind of pictures can a kit lens of mine take and what are its limits of a kit lens in terms of type of photos can be taken? as im interested in macro photos. so i believe a marcro lens is required? as i just gotten a +4 filter for my kit lens. is it sufficient

2) should i get a 50mm/ f1.8 to start out first?

sorry for the long winded questions. really have no idea of the accessories and all.

really appreciate all ur helps.
The golden rule:
Don't buy unless you're sure you'll need it.

Your kit lens can take a large variety of shots. Too many to list here.

omahunk

Nov 18, 2009
Pasir Ris
Welcome to CS...:cool:

Read more on macro thread before you decide to invest macro lens.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Hello welcome.

As mentioned by bro ZerocoolAstra, the variety of shots you can take with your kit lens is too great to be listed, I would suggest that you stick to your kit lens before considering what to buy next. Getting a better lens does not necessarily mean that you'll get better pictures.

madmartian

May 2, 2009
Outer Space
Welcome to CS :) YUp, read up more, buy what you need in your area of interest ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom